Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Algae Outbreak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 12:09pm
Mark you are awesome!  I am afraid I wouldn't be much company with the muscle relaxants and the pain killers I am in and out of it all day.  I will pm you my address.  I think I will have to go back to work tomorrow though.
dons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 2:57pm
Wow what a hectic week with the holidays!  I just wanted to post a quick update to the algae problem.  The bloom is pretty much gone away after taking all the suggestions offered.  I am still holding back on the lighting for another week I think until I know for sure that I have no more traces of it left.  The corals seem to be doing better though a little shrunken because of the less light.  I will post all the parameters and pictures as soon as I can.  I did do a small water change just so I could siphon all the dead/dying algae off of the rocks and I think that helped the tank look much better overall.

Only problem I have seen with the shorter lights is that my RBTA is not happy and has takens to wandering around the tank.  Up to this point he had been in the same spot for most of the time he has been in the tank.

Thanks again for all the wise words and help from everyone.  Mark I still need to swing by some time and pick up some chaeto and get the ball floating around in the DT tank out and back in the refugium.
smacky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smacky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 8:54pm
Just another plug for macroalgae in the display tank. My yellow tang was never sickly or skinny or anything, but he has never looked as healthy as he does now that he has macro to graze on all day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic