Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

canon t1i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canon t1i
    Posted: December 26 2010 at 11:07am
I am not  a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have new interest in pictures after seeing some of the ones posted on the boards.  I was pleasantly surprised with a canon T1i for Christmas.  I was wondering where this camera ranks in the camera world.  I am seeing favorable reviews.  For all you camera guru's out there.  What do you think?
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 11:31am
Im no expert by any means however my wife likes taking pictures as much as I like reef tanks LOL I would say based on talking to her about cameras and lens etc. That the canon rebel t1i is a really good camera to start out the hobby with. Really from what she has told me the camera itself is important and you want one with a really good sensor in it but the secret for taking great pics is lighting/ flash and a really nice lens. Depending on what your style of photography will be that is where you will want to invest some cash. Keep in mind though taking good pics of fish and corals is different than most other things you take pics of. I have found using the lighting from the tank when the room is dark gives me the best results.

Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 11:33am
Man thats a really good camera =)
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 7:00am
its a great camera! especially for beginners. Of course, it doesnt have the sensitivity, noise control, speed, or ruggedness of something like a 7d, but not all of us can afford a camera thats thousands of dollars. I have its older brother, the XSi and it works well enough from me. Dont skimp on lenses though. Put a crappy lens infront of any camera, and you'll get crappy pictures. Good thing is, if you ever upgrade that canon to another canon, you use the same lenses no matter what canon you buy (as long as it has AF).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic