Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfinally i got a pair of maroon clowns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:02pm
do you know how old is the biggest one? once its a female it cant turn back  but the male can turn into a female if something happens to the female
It's not about what you know but about who you know
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:20pm
The biggest one is at least 3 yrs and the smallest is around 2 yrs
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:29pm
im sure you have a male and female now, if they are together they usually become mature by the time they turn one
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:42pm
I would also agree with Davser. They are most likely a pair. Do they swim together and love on each other like in their anemone? If they have a anemone..maybe a frogspawn? Mine are usually always together.
 Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:45pm
mine have their own anemonei have 3 they have their own green one and share the red one, it was amazing how they went straight to the anemone i didnt expect that
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:45pm
Oh their together alright. They host a small forest of xenia and are always together. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them! (so after 1 yr they could be a mated pair......does that mean 1 fish yr = 18 human years!!!!)
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:50pm
not sure how many human  years, but if they are babys and you put two together they will be sexually mature after a year (12 months)
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 2:37am
It appears that my other pair of true percs are getting ready to have babies. I can see the belly bulge and they are preparing the rock. This is exciting. I have found they like the higher temp ( 80 81) when they are "in the mood", LOL.
 Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

It appears that my other pair of true percs are getting ready to have babies. I can see the belly bulge and they are preparing the rock. This is exciting. I have found they like the higher temp ( 80 81) when they are "in the mood", LOL.
 Pam
you should post some pics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic