Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stocking question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jason10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stocking question
    Posted: January 29 2011 at 10:54am
I looked and I couldn't find anything in the forums about it and I've heard different numbers from LFS. I'm in the planning stages of doing a saltwater reef tank, I'm trying to be patient but sometimes I think there are too many pictures on this forum for my own good LOL.

I'm wondering what all of you consider to be a good practice as far as inches of fish per gallon of water. I know with freshwater you can get away with about 1" of fish for every gallon of water but with salt I have no clue, or, if this is even remotely the same type of guideline to shoot for when stocking the tank.

I've only barely even looked into the different species I would like, and I want to, if at all possible, get a tank that is big enough for the amount of fish without too big of an overstocking nightmare that the extra waste produced could cause within the system.
I'm still shooting for around a 60-75g tank w/sump, but I want to make sure before I get tied into a tank and all the goodies that come with a salt tank that it will be big enough beforehand.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forums

Edited by jason10012 - January 29 2011 at 11:01am
30 gallon nano
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic