Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst day of my life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 3:40pm
We too would be willing to give you frags for sure. Just let us know. I hope it gets better.
 Pam/Troy
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 3:56pm
Sorry to see this I know how you feel. I lost all my coral when I transferred them to a larger tank. I just about quit as a result but have at least managed to keep one tank going. Good luck! And it does get better
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 5:24pm
There needs to be more Macroalgae than was just in the Refugium. Moving it up high in the display and keeping the display lights on 24/7 is a must right now. This is one reason why I suggested you call me to discuss it and why I offered to bring more Chaeto to you.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 7:46pm
How is this tank doing?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:38pm
So its been a week so I thought I would do an update. I talked to Mark shortly after this happened and he advised me to run my lights for 24 hours a day until my levels tested ok. Well that's what I did for the first 3 days I ran them continuously I put two big balls of cheato in my display tank. Which each have doubled in size in a week's period. The reason I stopped after the first 3 days was my water never tested for ammonia or nitrites. I did see my nitrates go up to around 20 but that only lasted for about 2 days. Then for the next 3 days I gradually decreased my light period by about 3 hours each day. I watched closely for any changes or increased die off but didn't really see any thing die that wasn't already on its way out from the initial shock. I also changed my carbon when It first happened and again today. Now for the good news some of my corals have come back. Most of the LPS are looking good. The SPS were hit the worst I lost quite a few but some of them only bleached in certain spots and those spots don't really appear to be spreading anymore. My mushrooms and zoas appear to be recovering somewhat as well. Some colonys have a few heads open nowThumbs Up So all in all It sucked really bad but it could have been worse. I decided to be positive and not give up. My wife told me it sets a bad example for my son to give up on something when you have a setback. I hadn't really thought about that but I have to agree. I just want to say thank you to Mark and all the other people on this board who have helped me with this. This really is the best reef club out there! After my tank is stable for a little while I hope I can hit some of you guys up on the frag offers. Hopefully this tank will look like a sweet reef again.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:49pm
Good to hear. I have a frag of birdsnest you can have.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 8:17pm
Our offer is still open as well. We have lots of frogspawn/hammer!
 Pam
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 9:23pm
Everyone in this club is so helpful.  I wish I could give back more.  I just got back in this hobby after taking a year off so I dont have the established tank to give away things and I only know enough to be dangerous.  I hope to return the favors one day. 

Sorry to hear about your tank bro hope everything is getting worked out.  Wish I had some frags and stuff to give you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic