Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flatworm!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Haley'sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haley'sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatworm!
    Posted: February 05 2011 at 1:30am
I just got home tonight and was looking at my tank. I noticed what I believe was a flatworm. I was definitely eating a snail. This thing was huge! Maybe even the size of my fist! It grossed me out. I tried to remove it with some prongs but all I got was clear goo stuff. It got away but I have never had this problem. Do I need to do anything about it? Thanks for the help!

Edited by Haley'sfish - February 05 2011 at 12:44pm
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 7:47am
PM Kellerexpress, I believe he had the same thing in his tank a while back
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 9:37am
Flatworm that size? Did you get a pic or can you search for a pic online to show us what exactly you are dealing with? What color?
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
Haley'sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haley'sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 12:43pm
I am thinking its a polyclad flatworm. I posted a pic above of what it looked like, but I'm not kidding it was very large. I'm going to try to find it again tonight. I read somewhere that you take a turkey baster and blast it off the rock with water, then try to suck it up.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 3:01pm
It wouldn't surprise me.  That would be my guess as well.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic