Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tank Ower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:40pm

BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:41pm

BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:41pm

BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:42pm

BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:44pm
lol k gettin hang of this forum so bare with me first pic is of sump also second pic,then the part the tank sits in, then stuff i bought today and last one is the tank. Gonna clean it tomorrow so that is why its pulled out
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:54pm
You can buy live rock from people here on the message board its way cheaper than buying at a fish store.
Or for guaranteed pest free rock go to
http://www.marcorocks.com or http://www.bulkreefsupply.com
The stuff they sale is dry and super good looking and its about the going rate for live rock people sale.
As far as sand goes post in the buy/sale forum your looking for some. You could use Utah sand it is really great looking stuff as well and a lot of members have garages stock piled with it.
Lights,skimmer, pumps etc. Are always for sale on here just be patient and find exactly what you want.
Welcome to the club and to the salty side!

Edited by wickedsnowman - February 07 2011 at 12:01am
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 11:59pm
be careful cleaning the tank. It looks like it's acrylic and you can scratch that easily. Welcome!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 12:15am
Yea it is. We bought something that shouldn't scratch it.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 1:22am
I saw that tank on KSL thought it was cool! Good luck on your build:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 7:30pm
Got another question does anyone live in layton area and come over and help me with my tank setup? He gave me a fast crash coarse on how to set it up and im already lost. I got two tubes coming down from over flow into the sump tank. not sure were they need to go. one chamber has a great in the bottom as you can see in the pic. need to know if the pump goes in there or the other chamber. I know the middle chamber is for my plants and what not.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 7:45pm
Is that a homemade tank? Quite a small opening to place rock through. Ouch
We could help you here but since you are a beginner at this, it would be more helpful to you if you were to go see other reef aquariums. You would quickly pic up a lot of information.
It's easy. Simply create a new thread where you ask for anyone that wouldn't mind having you over to visit and learn how they have their tank set up. You will probably get several responses.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 8:17pm
The whole top lifts open. So it's not just the small door. :-)

-K 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic