Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Suggestions for quckly cycling my new 75 gallon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for quckly cycling my new 75 gallon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nrthface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrthface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for quckly cycling my new 75 gallon
    Posted: February 06 2011 at 12:11am
Has anyone found an awesome way or product to quickly cycle a new tank. It has 30 pounds of live rock and 20 pounds of live sand. I am willing to wait but would like to cut down the time. Any advice would be great thanks frinds!!
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 12:27am
Adding more live rock will increase your cycle of your tank, and more live sand will help too.
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 12:35am
add macro. keep it lit 24/7....patience is really the key though
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 9:22am
Hiatt right now will cycle it without any spike in ammonia, or nitrite
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 1:31pm
Get a cup of sand from ten or more people's tanks Mark Petersons signiture is full of tricks and tips though Good luck and remember when you have purple coraline algae grownig everywhere thst means go or in short purple means go (-;
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 6:15pm
you can also use bacterial supplement from petsmart it helps speed up the process
It's not about what you know but about who you know
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 9:36pm
What's a cycle?Smile
That's what the Reefkeeping Tips thread linked below; Secrets of an Affordable Reef Aquarium is mostly all about. See the link below and don't be afraid to call and come see all the stuff already growing in my recently set up tank.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

What's a cycle?SmileThat's what the Reefkeeping Tips thread linked below; Secrets of an Affordable Reef Aquarium is mostly all about. See the link below and don't be afraid to call and come see all the stuff already growing in my recently set up tank.

I agree I set up my 75g with all live rock, cleane sand with a cup of live sand, my macro in the main tank and I have had all my windows open shining on the tank as much as possible. I added some button polyps yesterday about 5 days after setup and the kenya tree that was on the live rock to begin with is opening up:)
I added a fish that I plan to get rid of today and she is doing well:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic