Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clownfish45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownfish45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it!
    Posted: February 13 2011 at 12:59pm
OK my brother in-law just set up a new 24 gal nano and went and bought some live rock and when he put it in the tank. After a couple of hours he had what look like tinny anemones. They are white and clear in color and they have tiny little white balls on the end of each tentacles. They look like little snow balls on the end of each tip. I my self have no idea what they are and was hopeing someone could help me out with what they are and how to get rid of them. Here is a picture of the rock that he sent me. Exclamation

bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 8:20pm
Don't know but here is a free bump. Maybe someone will know.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 9:01pm
do they have a red mouth? i think i used to have some and they dont bother anything not sure but i think they are called strawberry anemone and they dont get very big
It's not about what you know but about who you know
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 10:08pm
They are called Pseudocorynactis they are not bad. they grow in low light conditions and are a species inbetween a anemone and a mushroom coral.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 10:18pm
Of the thousands upon thousands of animal and plant species we find in our reef aquariums 99.9% are good. They are part of a healthy ecosystem and we don't always know what they are called. Look at those amazing whispy tenticles. Awesome life. Enjoy it while it's there. It won't last. As the tank matures these will be replaced by other animals.

Can we appreciate this variety of life as being totally awesome?Confused Do we know how LR has totally changed the hobby from what it was 15 years ago?
Part of the fun of keeping a reef aquarium is all the cool animals we see. I was just observing a tiny Brittle Star hanging on the top of the Chaeto in our new clownfish nursery(thanks Nick). It was catching Rotifers that the baby clownfish had not eaten. I then saw a flatworm on the glass. It was almost clear, kind of a milky white. That is a flatworm that helps keep the surfaces clean.
It is all so fascinating to me. Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic