Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:29pm
what type of anemone are these? And are they supposed to look like this? At times they are all puffed up lookin colorful then sometimes they look like this just kinda there saggy lookin.

Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:35pm
Looks like a GBTA (Green bubble tip Anemone) and a RBTA (Rose bubble tip anemone). They will get large and then shrink that is normal.
  I have a couple of questions.
 1. DO you feed them?
 2. What lighting are they under?

Pam

Edited by ptronsp - February 17 2011 at 8:36pm
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:42pm
yea i got that frozen brine shrimp that i put in water then suck up a syringe then squirt it by them. i feed them every other day. should I more?

its a

Wavepoint 4 Lamp T5 HO Aquarium Lighting Systems

they told me at Marine Aquatics that it would work good for soft corrals.

Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Fish Mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:52pm
I like to feed mine a small piece of cocktail shrimp about once a week.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:54pm
Everyone feeds differently and you will hear a lot of different opinions but we feed our anemones a half a silverside weekly and of course whatever food we are feeding the clowns they also get :).
  I personally wouldn't feed them that much but that is totally up to you :).
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:56pm
yea i was worried it was to much but the clowns seem to dive in on it so figured it wasnt actually eating that much. thanx this helps alot. hopefully they start lookin better
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 9:07pm
Your welcome! We just started a anemone tank so my favorites are anemone/anemone fish..:)
Crzyfshguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crzyfshguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 9:31pm
My wavepoint fixture grows soft and some SPS corals just fine....
45G w/ leds
15G sump
MP10es

davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 9:52pm
they do look normal i dont know about t5 for rose anemones i have mine under mh and when i dont turn on the mh they look like that when i feed them i feed them big chuncks of tiger shrimp or scallops, the pieces are usually around the size of a quarter
It's not about what you know but about who you know
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 10:00pm
My anemones do that and stay like that for quite sometime. they do this when they get bothered by something usually by my clownfish moving alot in the anemone. what are your water parameters?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 12:46pm
Anemones and coral can be sensitive to aleopathic(territorial) chemicals produced by their neighbors. It's very important to use AC(activated carbon) to clean unwanted chemicals from the water of all reef aquariums. 2 weeks/mo is sufficient. I use a simple piece bridalveil material from the fabric store. Pour the AC on it, gather the edges and tie with an elastic. The bag should be loose, not tight. Rinse out the carbon dust in the sink and place the "bag" in a high flow area, preferably right next to a pump intake.

This helps reduce the frequency of inflating/deflating.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic