Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 9:36am
I agree. It's not only the time and experience, but a strong desire to be successful that also counts. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with inexperience is that the person does not know that they do not know. No amount of passion can make up for the wisdom that comes with experience.

The WMAS was formed to promote education and responsibility in caring for our wet pets. I'm sorry if it offends but I would be remiss in carrying out the WMAS Mission if I did not speak up. I don't keep Seahorses, so I don't have much to say about their care, but I helped by giving the names of two excellent hobbyists that you can contact to correct the misinformation that exists on the www.

Edited by Mark Peterson - February 23 2011 at 9:38am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 9:44am
Yea I had actually already contacted Suzy before I even posted but thank you.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

The WMAS was formed to promote education and responsibility in caring for our wet pets. I'm sorry if it offends but I would be remiss in carrying out the WMAS Mission if I did not speak up. I don't keep Seahorses, so I don't have much to say about their care, but I helped by giving the names of two excellent hobbyists that you can contact to correct the misinformation that exists on the www.

While I agree that it its your responsibility as a pres member to carry out wmas mission. I thimk there is a certain dialect and tone you should have when doing so. To be offensive and rude it represents wmas poorly. This person came here for help. So if its something you have no experience with then why not let someone chime in that does. If you say rude things all that will do is turn people off to wmas. Then they will be left with getting that misinformation that exists on the www and that my friend goes against wmas's mission.
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 12:57pm

It is friends like you that makes this board awesome. You may not have all the answers but most of you still try to help and show your support and to me thats more then i can ask for. Big smile

Edited by Ashley - February 23 2011 at 12:59pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 1:01pm
Thanks for the feedback. I'd have to say that my biggest problem here is not knowing when I'm being offensive and rude. My wife points this out to me all the time, reminding me that it is a family trait. Ouch
I hope you all will forgive me. I'm working on it.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 1:15pm
I am not one to stay mad or even really get mad at people.  I try to look at the positive side it makes life better. I understand you had good intentions and i thank you for that.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I'd have to say that my biggest problem here is not knowing when I'm being offensive and rude. My wife points this out to me all the time, reminding me that it is a family trait. Ouch
I hope you all will forgive me. I'm working on it.

ClapClap Boy Mark I feel your pain Smile. I know you are a great person with a wealth of knowledge but you (you and I both) have a tendency to be gruff and come across as rude. That may turn people away. I commend you for seeing it  ( with a little help from your wife Smile)
   Pam

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic