Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MY TANK What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY TANK What do you think?
    Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:00pm

MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:10pm
Nice work!
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:11pm

Nice work! Thumbs Up

I really like the clean look of the install.

Is it difficult to access the sump?
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:15pm
dang that turned out nice, nice job
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:17pm
looks clean good job
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
EvanB756 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanB756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:04pm
wow very nice, love it Thumbs Up

How were the lights done with the sloped ceiling?

Edited by EvanB756 - March 05 2011 at 1:04pm

90gal display w/ 30gal sump.
jcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:12pm
Nice, any shots of the area behind the tank?   Lighting, sump, access, etc?
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:25pm
THANKS!

The sump is actually very easy to access...through the small door on the right you go in and the 50 gallon is on the floor about a foot behind the tank....so I can walk back and bend down to get into the sump....

I hope the corals are all positioned okay for light and flow????  I think everything is doing good, nothing has died yet!  The tank has really good flow....actually can you have to much flow?  I am guessing around 650GPH there is and obvious current in the tank and in the bottom right corner the current is digging out the sand which does create a little bit of light sand particles floating in the air.....tried to move the outlet but i like the flow the best how it is, and so does my RBTA....when I changed it he shrunk up into his cave for a few days until I moved the flow back......Oh the flow does change every thirty min from one outlet to the other so it mixes things up a bit!  

Is this red stuff on the sand okay?
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:31pm
I will get some pictures of the BACK AREA tonight......I just hung the lights with a few inches of chain about 6 inches above the water.  
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:36pm
Very unfortunate that you live in Logan.  Lots of club members would love to come and check this out.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 2:08pm
ANYONE is welcome ANY NIGHT after 7......I am still needing some clean up crew so if anyone comes and would like to sell me some crabs/snails....anything else that would be good for clean up.....I would love it!  
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 2:58pm
My impression is "MEH"

I'm just kidding that look awesome, it looks better than the blue prints and from what i was thinking. A clean looking tank with no equipment showing what so ever, and putting it to the wall that just blew me away amazing work. Rock work is awesome tooSmile
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 3:20pm
Great job!!!  Did you put any ventilation in that tank room?
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 4:05pm
Awesome job! It really looks nice.
 Pam
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Davidwillis Davidwillis wrote:

Great job!!!  Did you put any ventilation in that tank room?

Not yet but I did buy a bathroom fan that I am going to install in the ceiling once things warm up a bit!

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 12:00am
Turned out very awesome. Thumbs Up
Looks like you took the best of everyone's suggestions to help make it that way. You did a great job with rock and coral to make it very efficient and natural looking. Star
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 12:26am
Very Nice piece of Art work.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 12:48am
What do I think? I think it's awesome! Great Job!

You will want to put in your ventilation asap, just to prevent mildew and other stuff from getting a foothold. But again great job!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 2:22am
Looks great, its a nice clean look, maybe white would of been better then black though.
It's very nice, can I get tank specs?
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Josh95 Josh95 wrote:

Looks great, its a nice clean look, maybe white would of been better then black though.
It's very nice, can I get tank specs?

I know that the black is a bit bold but the entire room has a Black and White theme.....Black couch, antique black bench, white wood floors......you get the idea....i painted it white to begin with but liked how the black popped the tank on the wall!

TANK SPECS

65 AGA with corner overflow
Using the HERBIE method with 1" Drain and 3/4" backup drain
55Gal Acrylic Sump with three chambers 1st- Filter sock and SeaClone Protien skimmer (hope to upgrade this in the future), 2nd- pump return chamber, 3rd refugium, I also have a 20 gall acrylic tank connected to the system that is also a Fuge but eventually was thinking FRAG tank???

The return pump is an Iwaki 40RLT that goes to a Time Control valve through 3/4" pipe that alternates flow every 30 min from one pipe to the other creating a variation in current in the main tank.

Lights, 2- 175W MH and 2- 30W Blue Actinics

Fish: 2 clown 
Purple Tang
Coral Beauty 

CORAL????? Still Learning all of the names.....RBTA, Some leather coral, Green slimmer, Mushrooms, Birds Nest.....????  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic