Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, I'm new. Well, isn't that special?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
felixpaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felixpaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, I'm new. Well, isn't that special?
    Posted: March 10 2011 at 10:24pm
Hey, I'm a relative newbie to saltwater(had a couple other miserable salty tanks, that failed, dismallyCry), and have had a reef for, about 8 months, now.  I have had aquariums, almost all of my life, but just recently switched to reefkeeping.  I live in Pocatello, Idaho, and plan to make the April 7th fragfest, so, I hope to see you there!  Thanks, for having me.Cool
I decided I don't need to sleep, so, I can put a reef where my bed is. Now, if only I didn't have to pee...
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 10:33pm
AWESOME!  It's great to have you here.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 10:33pm
Welcome! I'm glad to hear you're going to make it to FragStock! 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
felixpaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felixpaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 11:03pm
Oye!  I've seen that one.  It's almost as bad as thos coffee table ones.  How do you feed your fish?  Anyway, thanks!  Glad to be here!
I decided I don't need to sleep, so, I can put a reef where my bed is. Now, if only I didn't have to pee...
felixpaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felixpaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 7:48pm
Since I'm new, maybe you guys could answer a couple of questions?  I'm a newly paid member, and am wondering how I change my forum personality to show it.  I signed up for the forum, after I paid dues, and signed as a member.  Also, I plan to hit the fragfest, and am wondering how you i.d. the members, for the 30 minutes before everybody else can enter?  Do you have a list, and require photo i.d.?  What all goes on at the frag swap, because I have a long drive to take my frags home, and don't want to miss anything?  For example, raffles, games, speakers,  etc.  Anything else I should know, as a new member?  Thanks, a ton!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 8:18am
The paid member status will show as soon as the ones who can change status get around to it. They volunteer a lot of their free time to the WMAS. Be patient.

We have key fobs for members, of course there is a list and we become familiar with each other too.

Other suggestions? If it were me, I'd arrange to stay around and go on the Reef Tour. I'd be happy to hold your frags in my coral farm.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
saltlaketank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltlaketank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 1:45pm
It is very special that you're new. =)
JayDee 8016042780
90 Gallon
30 Gallon sump
G3 Skimmer
felixpaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felixpaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 6:41pm
Tanks, for the info.  I can wait, I was just worried about being admitted early to the fragfest, and $5.00 frags, for members.  Oh, and thank you, I feel pretty special.  Of course, at some point, the medication should kick in, and then it'll be all over.Cry  Oh, and by the way, I had to move back in with my parents, due to financial difficulties, and they're talking about moving to Salt Lake or thereabouts.  I hope so, it would be cool to have an actual "fish" store to go to.  I order a lot online, and would love to support my lfs more.  Hope to see you all at the fragfest!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic