Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super cheap Dimmable LED Driver (cost under $3)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super cheap Dimmable LED Driver (cost under $3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2016 at 7:20pm
You are completely correct, David. But the voltage has to remain steady. I found a power supply for a sensitive electronic that provides 9v up to 1A and I use it for a 10w LED directly hooked up. If the voltage is too high, the current jumps up really fast. What started as a simple test (the 10w light above) has become a useful light. It is the only light in my house that I can read tiny numbers from tiny capacitors and other electronics.
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 7:21pm
Another thought is: Why not go for the cheapest option? Even if it burns up prematurely, if it cost you half or less, you can spend the difference on the next light 2+ years later. And by then there is new technology, so you get even more for your money. I've had great success so far with cheaper options and it's fun to experiment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic