Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIY/Sump/Refugium Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saltlaketank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltlaketank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY/Sump/Refugium Update
    Posted: March 14 2011 at 5:57pm
Hey guys I have the Sump/Refugium up and running. I figured I'd post a picture of the setup now that its running smoothly. My pictures are not the best because I dont have a flash but it's something. Sorry it's still milky, (after math of adding the live sand.)

I used an attachable overflow and a simple candy cane return for now. I have a power head fitting on orde to place on the return.
The first resevoir has a bubble baffle built in and is were my overflow runs as well as my protein skimmer.
The second resevoir is my refugium. I placed at least an inch of live sand in the bottom as well as 5lbs of live rock rubble. I also have algae on the top and some planted algae that is not pictured.
The last resevoir houses my 845gph pump with around four feet of hose attached for my return, on the end I have a candycane tube with a valve on it to act as a power head attatchment unil I get the one I orderd from the aquarium.

Thanks for the help Mark, and everyone else.
Still open to suggestions and critisism of course.
JayDee 8016042780
90 Gallon
30 Gallon sump
G3 Skimmer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic