Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shroom removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilnicky864 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shroom removal
    Posted: March 20 2011 at 11:11pm
i was wondering if any one knows how to remove mushrooms from rock  i have a couple rocks that are covered in moroon /orange and pink striped mushrooms that i would like to put zoas on the rock and will take pics and post if anyone wants some of them
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2011 at 11:37pm
Assuming this is a rock that cannot be removed from the tank, cut the mushrooms off with a razor blade and place them into a cup of rubble to attach to the rubble and sell or trade later. Glue the zoos to different areas of the rock and they will will push away the leftover mushroom flesh. Gluing Zoos underwater is easy. Do you know how?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2011 at 12:14am
post some pics, I would be interested in some:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2011 at 2:10am
yea let me know would like some of those ones you showed me. How the zoos doin?
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:11am
k i have cut a few and have a few glued to rubble and plugs if anone wans some let me know ill take trades cash not a beer drinker but vodka well...    jk if a want any let me know i need em all gone asap
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:20am
Any pics?
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:26am
AH man I didn't see you were in Ogden:(
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:28am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:30am
k i tyin to put a decent pic but its huge ill try again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:31am
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:33am
Hey bro I would take some for sure. And if you still want some of that candy cane I can get you some heads 
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:35am
they range from qtr. inch too 4-5 inches  any ideas on wut theyer called   ya cant realy see in pic but the little bumps are a light florecent orange /pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilnicky864 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:37am
bnk ok ill get some put aside for ya i could probably get that direction toward the end of the week or for sure this week end. or im home in evenings and all weekend just let me know wut works best
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:40am
Im usually home everyday all day. may run around. So just call when you want to make a trip. Let me know how many heads you want that colony I had pretty much broke in half. 
Riverton_Ten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 1:47pm
Any of those mushrooms still available?  I'm in Ogden today and would really like to come get some.  Call me @ 801-808-1132.  THANKS!

Jeffatpm View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffatpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 4:00pm
I had some I used a blade and scraped them off the rock and they all died.  How does everyone else do it without killing the little guys?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic