Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UofU students- wrasse research

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UofU students- wrasse research
    Posted: March 29 2011 at 1:21pm
If you are a UofU student and you are interested in studying wrasse behavior there is an opening in the lab.  Contact me if you are interested.

Adam
---------------

The lab I work in has an opening for someone interested in some research experience. This isn't a short term position so it would be nice to find someone who can stick around a few semesters. They will get paid and they would need to have a pretty open availability since our lab is studying fish behavior. 
We are about to get a new batch of fish in so we would like to get someone started to get them trained before we can start the next experiment.
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 2:49pm
Oh, If I was only 30 years younger.Big smile
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 2:55pm
Adam you are killing me! That sounds so much fun.

Wish I was up at the U right now. Instead I'm doing generals at SLCC. That could all change though if pay was good enough to leave my current job and have some other jobs in your lab. Lol
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 4:50pm
It doesn't pay great.  But our marine area is looking for some big expansion.  When you finish up at SLCC you may find some great opportunities.  Be sure to check in with me.

Adam
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 7:31pm
Man I'll probably be talking with you soon!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
dc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 8:15pm
that is so cool! what education would be needed?
dc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 8:19pm

i am interested but do you need to be a U of U student?

badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 8:26pm
ya really adam.... can I just come and learn and help, and not get paid and be a student. I promise I will not break anything lol, I will have my arms crossed the whole time
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 8:35pm
Well that may be possible but not as likely.  I kind of think the funding is only for current matriculated students.  You can send me your resume [email protected] and I'll share it.  Dr Gray or Dr Rose will probably make the decision on this.  If you are interested in other projects, I foresee them expanding greatly in the next few years.

Side note- I think it is a cool project.... but that's because I started it.

Adam
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 4:55am
any chance for a tour of the lab?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 8:29am
You bet.  Give me a call 801-809-2326

Adam
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 2:35pm
UPDATE- 
just found out... you do NOT need to be a current U student.  If you are a student taking generals somewhere that is fine.  They'll take "perspective" students as well.

Adam
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 10:08pm
Before applying, ask yourself, "Self, do I really want to become as Fish-Nerdy as Adam?"
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 10:54pm
LOL- stop scaring away our applicants.  I don't want to scrub the tanks and feed the fish myself.LOL

Adam
ps- this was cause anyone to become anywhere near as nerdy as I am.... just today I was wishing there were more tesselations that weren't based on hexagon formations
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2011 at 5:47pm
How much will it pay?
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 3:10am
that would be awesome, too bad my HS grades werent that good
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 8:15am
How much does it pay. And how many hours a week. And what would we be doing ?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 10:01am
I'm going to see if I can have Sarah come here to post an update.  Otherwise I'm going to be forwarding pm's back and forth with people.

I'm making a guess on the pay and hours.  I don't know for sure, but my guess is around 20 hours per week at $10 per hour.  Again, I don't know, let me see if Sarah does.

Adam
campbell363 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell363 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 10:38am
hi everyone,
Right now i've got a few applicants for the position but if they dont work out, i would be happy to  keep you guys in mind. Send me a pm with your resumes or just my email [email protected]
I didn't mention how much the pay would be because this is more for people interested in the research part of it rather than a paycheck but if you really want to know, i think it is 8.16 an hour and no more than 20 hours a week. Right now I average about 10-12.
Typing from my phone is near impossible so I will post again later from a real computer.
Thanks!
Sarah 
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 12:00pm
Thanks Sarah!  Appreciate you logging in.  I'll have everyone email directly to you.  See you soon,

Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic