Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Hex in town!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hex in town!
    Posted: April 11 2011 at 4:48pm
Hi Everyone,
So here is my story. I was told about WMAS from the start of things (two years ago). Never thought that I had time to go to the meeting, but now realize that talking to others about the hobby is probably more benificial than always cruizing the net or asking someone at the LFS. I went to Fragstock, and visited some tanks during the tour. After the tour I decided that not signing up to WMAS was a mistake. So I signed up.

Gary Finnegan
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 5:07pm
Welcome Gary! Thanks for going on the Tour and Fragstock! We always have awesome things lined up for people!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 5:09pm
(dumb tab and return keys happened before I finished)
So this is what I currently have:
Hardware:
   65 gallon Hexagon tank
   Clamp on Coralife Metal Halide 150W (14000K) light
   AquaC Remora HOB skimmer
   Variety of powerheads
Livestock:
   Coral Beauty
   Sixline Wrasse
   Mated Pair of Clown's
Coral:
   Frogspawn
   Hammerhead
   Zoa's
   Oulophylia
   Montipora capricornus
   Pocillopora Damicornis

Candy Cane
   Star polyps
   Red/Green Favia

Gary Finnegan
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 6:27pm
Cool. Hope to see you around.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:51pm
Have any pictures Gary?
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 2:05am
Welcome, Let's see some pics of the tank.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 10:24am
Here are some pictures. I choose a few of my small corals to show as well. As you can see my tank is still in its infancy. The first year the tank was a FOWLR, then I added three pieces of coral, and that is when the hair algae revolution took place. Battled that for many months. Tried everything, including very frequent water changes, phosphate removal, lawn mower blenny (RIP), mexican turbo snails (dumb things dont like to live)  and improving circulation. I am thinking that it was my light. I recently upgraded to a 150W Metal Halide, and the stuff started dying quite fast. Still some remnants of the hair algae, but before there was a green monster in my tank, so I am quite happy with it now. 

Gary Finnegan
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 5:23pm
Nice tank.  Welcome to the club!
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic