Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Fairy Wrasse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fairy Wrasse
    Posted: May 01 2011 at 3:10pm
So I picked up a great looking Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse yesterday and thought I'd share a pic. He's currently in my acclimation box getting used to his new roomies. 

I'll try and get a better photo with my nice camera when he comes back out of his pipe LOL
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2011 at 3:13pm

Gorgeous!

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 12:18am
Love it Steve!  They are one of the more common fairies, but the colors they have are by far one of the nicest .  Just keep a good eye on him.  They can try to be bullies also.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 1:43am
Yeah, I recently mis-placed my tri-color fairy so I wanted something similar with better coloration. I was given a gift card to the Aquarium so while we were in the area we stopped in and he caught my eye. He's currently getting harassed through the box by my red margin, mystery and exquisite wrasses LOL

Funny story: I saw him in their tank and they had it marked as a tri-color fairy. Which I knew he wasn't, so I asked the guy helping me to double check the pricing. He came back and after talking to (I assume) his supervisor and said that's what they had shipped as. I also talked to the guy who seemed to be in charge, who also told me it was being sold as a tri-color. So despite 3 attempts to persuade them otherwise they sold him to me as a tri-color.

Edited by CapnMorgan - May 02 2011 at 1:48am
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 3:17pm
I saw this guy I think on Saturday when I was there. Gorgeous fish!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 6:04pm
Here is mine.  One of them.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 8:46pm
Awesome Brad! 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic