Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 265 gallon upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by rhinoman242 rhinoman242 wrote:

Awesome tank Dave! It was really cool to start your thread from the begining and watch the tank progress from the ground up. Hope the pieces you picked up make a good addition :) It was nice meeting you yesterday, thanks again. -Steve

Steve, 
  You've got a beautiful tank. I appreciate your time yesterday. Those pieces I picked up are looking great. Thanks for the bonus piece. My wife will love the paulsing xenia (and that it was free). 

Edited by DLindquist - June 17 2014 at 5:40pm
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Naso's are one of my faves as well -

Things are looking great, Dave! Clap

Bob,
   I sure wish I could figure out how to quote multiple people in the same post. Anyhow, thank you. I was just checking out your pictures. Let me know if you ever part (or frag) with that blue sponge.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 7:02am
It's been awhile since the last update. Things are looking great. I will take some pictures later today after the lights come on. Keeping our Alk up has been a challenging endevour. However, between tweaking the Ca reactor and dripping Kalk- I believe we are finally on the right track. Alk has been maintaing around 8 and Ca tests out at 425. We have added two Yasha Goby's and a Red Banded Shrimp Combo (very secretive but still very cool) and tons of frags. We received four Maldives Lyretail Anthias yesterday that are now in isolation. And I finally upgraded the skimmer-

Edited by DLindquist - May 12 2012 at 7:33am

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 7:05am
I just got a tri of lyretails (not Maldives) and they're beautiful! Congrats on the skimmer upgrade too what kind of skimmer is it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 7:14am
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

I just got a tri of lyretails (not Maldives) and they're beautiful! Congrats on the skimmer upgrade too what kind of skimmer is it?

I'm supper excited about the Lyretails. As you probably know- both Lyretails are very similar. The Maldives have a more pronouced scale look with a purple streak behind the eyes. The skimmer is a Reef Dynamics INS300. This thing is a beast. I did not think it was going to fit in the sump. But it did and I love it! I am now looking into running an Ozone reactor. Just need to do some more research before that happens.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 8:28am
Oh I actually didn't know that!! Lol I just looked into it more and turns out I actually have the maldives lyretails too! (the LFS only had them labeled as "blue eyed anthias). I didn't realize the purple streak meant it was from Maldives. They've been so active and social. Ill have to post a pic of the trio in my tank thread soon.

Let us know what you decide about the ozone reactor. I haven't looked into those because they're counterproductive in a probiotic system like mine.

Edited by BillyC - May 12 2012 at 8:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 7:31pm
It's been awhile since the last update. With just over a year up, things are looking good. We had a major set back a couple of months ago due to some bad carbon. Copper levels soared and we lost some prized colonies. The remaining pieces are coloring back up. We have also added a number of fish, including a Chevron Tang from DD and a Leopard and Red Fairy Wrasse (from Rex I believe). Pictures were taken with an iPad so the quality is not the greatest.

Edited by DLindquist - June 16 2014 at 7:42am

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 7:41pm
Thanks for the update. Great pictures.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 8:21pm
Gotta come by and check out the goods again soon! Looking real good!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2012 at 8:44pm
We picked up a new Canon camera for Christmas and I thought I would try some updated shots of our favs.

Our Blond Naso- still King of the tank. His streamers are pushing 2+ inches.

Our Copperband is still in isolation but eating frozen enriched brine. Hope to move him over soon!

SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 5:50pm
Thats one sweet tank, id love to come and see some time if your available.
75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 8:24pm
Looks good man!!! 
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 8:34pm
Thanks guys. Snowrider, I'm happy to set up a time. Just let me know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 7:49am
I have received some requests for some current pictures of our set up, so I thought I would just revive my old tank build with some updates.

We lost our Blond Naso about six months ago. Looked fine one day, sick the next morning and gone that night. Cry  Once we were able to get things turned around after our carbon mishap, I took the liberty to sell a number of remaining pieces and start with some higher end, colorful pieces. This also meant much smaller pieces. Growth is slowly but surely happening. 

Edited by DLindquist - June 17 2014 at 7:27am

TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 1:27pm
Wow, looks great!
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 7:29am
Originally posted by TriggerHappy TriggerHappy wrote:

Wow, looks great!

Thanks. Not sure why the pictures came out so small as they were much larger on my computer. Maybe I'll try resizing them. 

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 12:32pm
The aquascaping makes your tank one of the coolest, most distinctive tanks around. You have a very artistic talent.
Mahalo for sharing. Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 1:11pm
Love the arch, looks awesome. I'm in the same boat too. Higher end acros means smaller pieces :( it's okay though, we've got time on our side :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

The aquascaping makes your tank one of the coolest, most distinctive tanks around. You have a very artistic talent.
Mahalo for sharing. Hug

Well thanks Mark. Maybe you'll make it out someday to see it in person.
   And if you do, I would love some various macro algae (for my sump of course. I wouldn't dream of growing that stuff in my display)

Edited by DLindquist - June 17 2014 at 5:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by love2skiutah love2skiutah wrote:

Love the arch, looks awesome. I'm in the same boat too. Higher end acros means smaller pieces :( it's okay though, we've got time on our side :)

I like it more and more as the corals fill in. Here is a full tank shot. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic