Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:01pm
Hi, my name is Melissa  (I was having one of those days at work, so I didn't have the brain-power to come up with a more exciting UN when I signed up...)

I've had freshwater tanks for years, and have been saving my pennies to convert my 72gal bowfront to a reef tank.  In the mean time, I started a 14g biocube at my office with a few other people (although I always end up being the one that cleans it and pays for most things...) but at least it's set up right by my desk Tongue

I recently acquired a second 14g biocube and am getting ready to set it up at home since home improvements and such have put a dent in my bigger-tank budget, and I just can't wait anymore!

I look forward to learning great and wonderful things from you guys and hopefully getting out and meeting people as well.
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:09pm
Welcome to a wonderful club.  If you can make it this thursday is a meeting at the Rose Garden by Sugar House Park.  You will lots from the members here.
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:12pm
Awe you finally introduced yourself
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 3:59pm
Welcome!!

kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:27pm

welcome, tell us more about those nanos

day light scares me im going back under
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 5:07pm

Here is a picture of the one at work.  This is a picture from before we had a little meltdown (caused by guy that doesn't put in much money but wanted to 'help' over-feeding until we had a giant algae bloom...)  Some of the mushrooms and polyps are the only things that survivedCry   He has since been told to stay far-far away from the tank on penalty of death.

The tank has been up for around 3 years and is coming back.  The mushrooms and polyps are doing pretty good and spreading, and we have recently added a pistol shrimp and goby pair that are highly entertaining.  We're looking to start adding some more corals in the near future.

Not sure what I'm going to do in the home tank, but I'm hoping to get it going soon to cycle while I'm thinking.  (So if anyone had sand and rock they want gone...)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 5:39pm
Great to have you here!!!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the hobby and the club. Hopefully we'll see you Thursday, it should be a great meeting.

Again, welcome.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 6:04pm
Welcome Melissa! You will enjoy this group :).
 Pam
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 8:06pm
Hey there Melissa! Welcome to the club! I've been a member since last June and have had a great time since. I love the meetings and the people are fun and diverse which means lots of knowledge and jokes!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 11:02pm
Welcome to the OBSESSION!!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
pilot_172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot_172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 2:24am
welcome... this place/club is the best resource you could ask for. So many enthusiasts and people to share. Ask away any questions you may have
jmtreml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmtreml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 5:59am
Welcome... I love this club.  When I first joined I couldnt keep anything, and now I have a 90 gallon and love it!
34 Gallon Red Sea Max

29 gallon Bio cube
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 9:35am
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Melissa Melissa wrote:

I look forward to learning great and wonderful things from you guys and hopefully getting out and meeting people as well.

I don't really have anything cool going on in my display yet, but if you ever want to come check out my setup I live a couple miles almost direct south of your old place in SJ.

I'd like to think I have a moderately interesting equipment setup to look at, and it's not all stuffed under the stand where you can barely tell where everything is going.  Smile

Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 2:29pm
Why hello  there!

I didn't know you were into this super expensive hobby as well.

I would love to come see the tank and the new houseSmile
TSUNAMI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSUNAMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 7:57pm
Welcome! I like you came from the fresh water side, and just like fresh water, big tanks are easier. I am new to SW, too, and my first tank was a 90...so glad I made the leap :) If you need any rock let me know, I have tons!
135 Reef Vortech mp40w & mp60
40 SPS w Maxspect-Ps & MP10w
220 Build in progress :)
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 8:47pm
I actually do need some rock...
TSUNAMI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSUNAMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 10:04pm
I should be around about any time Friday or Sat. PM me or text 801-573-2569
135 Reef Vortech mp40w & mp60
40 SPS w Maxspect-Ps & MP10w
220 Build in progress :)
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2011 at 2:38am
welcome! If you need some extra sand, i picked up some Oolitic sand from stansbury island. I have about 150 lbs left.. :\ 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic