Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

combining clowns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: combining clowns?
    Posted: July 27 2011 at 2:57pm
We have a small 10g nano with a pair of small clowns. I think it is leaking.. My plan is to move everything into my new bigger tank so I can investigate the leak. If I put these two small clowns in with a somewhat larger lone clown, will they fight? Am I better off just picking up a new 10G and moving them over to that?
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:05pm
I'd say probably. How big is the bigger tank?

Where do you live? How long do you plan to have them in the big tank for?

Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:11pm
My experience tells me that the lone larger clown will probably take to one of the smaller ones and pick on the other and possibly kill it.  My suggestion would be to keep them separated if at all possible.  Maybe put them in a acclimation box or something along that nature temporarilly while you repair or replace the other tank. 

Troy

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:24pm
Thats what I was thinking too pam. I asked where you lived because I have a acclimation box you could borrow if needed.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:39pm
Thumbs Up@Laird 

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 10:33pm
found the "leak"... I had a mesh bag with activated carbon hanging off the back.. Normally, I have both ends in the water, but someone in the house moved the opening end over the back of the tank and it was hanging below the water line.. It was siphoning water out. Crisis averted! Now to clean up all the salt off the cabinets..   Thanks for the info on the clowns. I figured putting them in the big tank wasn't a good idea, but my wife doesn't believe me.
utahwatertoys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahwatertoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 10:38pm
Yeah I tried to put 2 pairs of clowns in the same 120 gallon tank and all they did all day was fight so I had to put one pair in a different tank (problem solved)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic