Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanuki's Ocean 180 inside!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
joelduval1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelduval1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 1:13am
Your stand is by far the best looking I've ever seen. I want it!!! (But in black lol)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 7:33am
^Thank you!  

I was really excited when I found this stand.  I have yet to see another like it.  I think I like the white more than black though because it doesnt show the dirt as much as I think black would. 
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
joelduval1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelduval1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 1:24pm
True. This is the first white stand I've ever seen that had me in aww lol.
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 12:24am
Did you ever find out what was in your tank?
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 8:21am
You know what, I didn't ever find out.  I moved all of my live rock to the sump though months ago, and sold my carpet anemone.  I haven't seen a fish disappear since then.  So there was either something in the rock (now living in the sump) or it was the carpet anemone doing the damage.  I don't think it was 100% the anemone though, because I had my flame angel and borbonius anthias both die without completely disappearing. 
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2013 at 10:34pm
Sweet tank. What's the brand of that stand and canopy. Thanks
75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 1:00am
Originally posted by SNOWRIDER SNOWRIDER wrote:

Sweet tank. What's the brand of that stand and canopy. Thanks

Thank you.  The brand is unknown.  I believe I saw something that said "US Aquariums" at one point, but I have yet to find that company still in existence.  It may not exist anymore, or possibly they have changed names.
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 8:43pm
Okay the reason i ask is im buying a 120g tank and stand, and the stand looks the same as yours but he doesnt have the canopy for it. How do you like your stand, it looks amazing.
75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 7:16am
Thanks I really like my stand.

Edited by Tanuki - January 08 2013 at 7:17am
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:38am
So last month I ordered a borbonius anthias from NYAquatic.com.  The fish died within maybe an hour or so of delivery during drip acclimation.  The fish he sent me was also about 3/4 of an inch long and looked like it had never eaten a think while at the store.  Stomach was completely sucked in and the fish looked terrible.  I called NYAquatic and Michael over there agreed to send me a replacement, but I would be responsible for the shipping fee again (so at this point I was out the cost of the fish plus two shipping charges of $50 each).  The second fish was delayed in shipping via Fedex.  Fedex told me that because it was a live animal and they do have shipping guarantees, that the shipper would be able to file a claim with them.  I called NYAquatic right away to tell them what had happened and to hurry and get the claim in motion.  A week later he returned my phone message and told me I was basically out of luck and that there is no guarantee on replacement fish and that fedex lied to me about him being able to make a claim (which is absolutely not true).  So now the whole thing is being disputed via my bank because this guy is insane.  I would not recommend anyone order from him no matter how enticing a sale he might have.  

Anyway, I went to the aquarium and they had a nice sized Blotchy so I picked it up.  I am not doing mail order on fish anymore, it is not worth the risk.  Let the Reef Shops take the chances on the health of their fish because they pay a lot less for the fish than you do, so why would you just accept whichever fish they send you anyway?  I made the mistake and won't do it again.

So yeah, here is the nice big beautiful Blotchy I ended up with.

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 2:22pm
Wow, that sucks man. Im glad you let us all know. I look at their site all the time and have almost ordered some hard to get stuff, but definitely wont be going through them now. Great looking fish though!
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 7:37am
Originally posted by P.Kapp P.Kapp wrote:

Wow, that sucks man. Im glad you let us all know. I look at their site all the time and have almost ordered some hard to get stuff, but definitely wont be going through them now. Great looking fish though!

Thank you!

Yeah NYAquatic is a pretty weird place.  It seems to be just a basic owner operated company.  I believe they have a brick and mortar location, but it seems like it is just a guy with fish in his basement, calling the shots.  Over on ReefCentral, I mentioned this and I have had a ton of people come back saying that they have had the exact same experiences with Mike at NyAquatic. 
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 7:41pm
Divers Den- Live Aquaria. WYSIWYG. Beautiful fish and I've never had any problems.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic