Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clown won't host anemone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clown won't host anemone
    Posted: August 20 2011 at 7:33pm
I have a black clown that will not host my RBTA.   I don't know if it just hasn't found it yet or just doesn't like it.  They are in my little 6 gal nano and it is the only fish in there.
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 7:41pm
Its normal it might take some time, how long have you had the clown and anemone?
It's not about what you know but about who you know
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 7:45pm
It sounds crazy, but find a picture online of a clownfish hosting an anemone and tape it to the glass closest to the anemone.
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 8:46pm
 just a few things... one is time, if you haven't had them both together very long it will take a bit. A pic works and them feeling threatened works too. maybe chase it with your finger until he gets close to the anemone and then back off. But that will take time and constant chasing and such. If you put another fish in there that might do it, but it is a small tank and you might not want to do that. Just hang in there. one of mine didn't do it for a while. I was surprised and thrilled to see him in there afterward. 
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Hammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 7:44pm
They have not been together very long, maybe 3 weeks.  I will just give it some more time and see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic