Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24G Office Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24G Office Tank
    Posted: August 25 2011 at 9:38am
Finally got my tank moved in to the office last night. I modified the hood with LED's instead of the PC setup it came with. All the rock and livestock is coming out, it belongs to someone else. In the next couple days i will begin aquascaping and adding my livestock and coral. I'll add more pictures as i go! thanks for looking!

Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 10:03am
I keep wondering if my boss would care if I had a tank in my office.  Maybe I ll just do it.

Looks cool though, now clean up your desk!

Edited by Tanuki - August 25 2011 at 10:03am
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 10:51am
Actually the best thing to do is find out if there is a company policy regarding it. The best way to know is check with your HR department. I love my 10g mangal.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 11:22am
Looks awesome. So did you retro the LEDs yourself or buy them?
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

russianrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 3:50pm
So how do you keep things stable when you aren't coming in to the office?  You must need to keep a close eye on a tank that small.  Do you come in on the weekends to do a water change or feed the tank?  If you go on vacation do you have to have an office buddy look after your office tank?
In Soviet Russia, Fish collect YOU!
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 8:48am
I go in on Saturdays to do water changes and all that good stuff. When i'm out of the office i have other co-workers who are into the hobby who help me out! I love having the tank on my desk, its very soothing and relieves stress. The leds are from ecoxotic, the panorama strip, they put out awesome light!

Edited by ch3tt - August 26 2011 at 9:38am
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 9:02am
That is cool.  I cannot begin to say how jealous I am.  I would love to have a couple corals and maybe some smaller fish on my desk at work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 9:04am
just curious, what is your evaporation rate on that system?  How much water do you have to add on a regular basis?
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 9:04am
I ll rock a beta for a while and see if it sneaks by then upgrade.  That is the way I did it to my parents when I wanted a big tank in my room haha
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 9:40am
I actually haven't had the lights running on a normal timed schedule yet so i'm not sure the evaporation rate yet. I had these same lights over a 10G tank though and i was adding a fair amount of RO everyday.
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic