Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our new frag tank! (BillyC and TiffanyC)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our new frag tank! (BillyC and TiffanyC)
    Posted: September 11 2011 at 7:47pm
My wife and I decided to set up a frag tank to start collecting and growing coral. We bought the tank itself from "downhill_biker" and acquired the sump and skimmer from another person on the forum. Most of the equipment we have we found for great prices from the friendly people on this forum. The tank is acrylic with and measures 48"x24"x12". We think it's roughly 65g.

For our lighting we chose the 48" Marineland Pro 24hr Lighting. It has 2x150w MH, 4x54w T5, and 4 LED moonlights. Here it is with only the T5s on.

Here is the 40g acrylic sump and protein skimmer. Our cat's investigating the new stuff.

Sorry for the pic but here's an image up the setup that we bought the tank from.

Here is our sump all setup and running while the tank is cycling.

We didn't take picture of the actual build process so we're skipping to the final product!!!

Full Tank Shot

Our frags

Edited by BillyC - September 11 2011 at 8:03pm
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 8:00pm
We thought we'd highlight some of our favorite pieces. Just chalices for right now. Smile

Tyree Miami Hurricane

Bubblegum Monster

Pink Boobies

Ultimatefrag's Insane Watermelon

Jason Fox My Miami (My Avatar Wink)

Tyree Red Watermelon

tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 8:09pm
Let me know when you are ready to frag the My Miami
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 9:45pm
Wlll do man! Shouldnt be too long.
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 10:19pm
Very nice collection and set up.

I recently set up a frag system myself. But I'm having a hard time moving any of my really expensive stuff over to it because I don't trust the system yet, haha.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2011 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Laird Laird wrote:

Very nice collection and set up.

I recently set up a frag system myself. But I'm having a hard time moving any of my really expensive stuff over to it because I don't trust the system yet, haha.

I hear ya haha! I actually moved my expensive sps to my DT because I wasn't seeing the polyp extension I wanted. I'll try em again in a week or two maybe. You should post a frag tank thread too man.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic