Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MIK3B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIK3B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 11:45am
Wow, yeah. Score! Great starting point IMO
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2011 at 8:26am
Thats awesome, Good Job!
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
wick246 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wick246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 2:09pm
Update:

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. So Oct. 9th our son Teagan arrived and made us very happy parents!

I attended the reef fest and while I didn't do a very good job of meeting people I had a great time learning from the excellent speakers and observing the vendors. Didn't get lucky in the auction but of course had fun hoping. My wife and I visited a couple of lfs's and priced tanks and stands, we realized new ones cost more than we could offer for quite awhile so I tried to put fish tanks out of my head. After that I spent my time with the family and there was lots to do with the holidays. A couple of weeks ago my wife made a couple of comments about us getting an aquarium. It doesn't take much encouragement for me to look for things on KSL to buy. I found a nice 120 gallon tank with alder stand and sump listed. It was my favorite size tank and came with my favorite knotty alder stand. We talked about it for a couple of days and after it didn't sell and the price dropped a little we agreed it could be part of my Christmas and my birthday present. So here is what I got:

120 Gallon tank with alder stand and canopy

It came with a 50 gallon sump and a return pump:

175 watt metal halid lamps with an older ballast

So here is my starting point. Lots to learn and I already have lots of questions. Maybe I should start a new tank thread?

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 5:33pm
AwesomeThumbs Up
Yes, that's correct. It gets the best response from many of us here if you ask specific questions in a specific Topic. I spend a lot of time answering questions, so I look for the questions in the Topic heading. Sorry, but I just don't have the time to read and follow along with every Build Thread. It is unusual for me to have clicked here on this 2 page "Hello" thread, Embarrassed but I'm glad I did.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic