Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help replacing end cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help replacing end cap
    Posted: September 23 2011 at 4:03pm
I broke a endcap in my T5 fixture when I was changing out a bulb. Its in a tek fixture. Anyone know how to replace these? I have no clue.

Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 4:10pm
You should just be able to cut and put new wires on it. Where did it break? If wires are sticking out from the end cap you can just splice them back. Could you post a pic of where it broke? Depending on the cap it should be a piece of cake.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 4:36pm
was it the end cap or the tomb stone?  the tombstone is where the prongs slide in?  You should be able to get a new tombstone from Home depot or lowes.  Ace normally does not have them.  I would be happy to give you a hand with them if needed. 
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 4:56pm
Thanks for the help. Aquatic dreams said they could easily replace it for me so I was just going to run it down to them tomorrow. If they can't do it I'll for sure take you up on your offer Iskurys.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 8:17pm
Laird, I can give you a hand if all else fails. I re-wire airplanes for a living so I should be able to not screw up an end cap too bad.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 11:11pm
if u cant find 1 i have many old lights at work and im sure i can get few tombstones for you and others if needed .

Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2011 at 11:14pm
FYI pulling out old wires and striping new wires u can push them into the slot on the tombstone . they are self locking and can be removed by pushing on the end , its a gold looking tab u push and it releases the old wire . if u need further help i can post a pic on monday when im at work , good luck :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic