Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hitchhikers Guide to the Aquarium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitchhikers Guide to the Aquarium
    Posted: September 30 2011 at 3:18am
So I am not really sure on where to put this, but if it is not in the correct location please feel free to move this thread....

Anyways while browsing the internet tonight I stumbled across this site.  Being new to the hobby I am always trying to figure out what is going on in my tank.  Since I have recently gotten a red led flashlight I have discovered an entire new world. Big smile  This has also became a very stressful situation for me as well.  I see all these new things and start to panic and wonder what all these little creatures are. 

The main reason I started searching for a site that had pictures and described various things you may find in your setup.. Both good and bad..  I thought this would be a good link for other new people to be able to go and look at various things that might pop up in your tank.  As I do not think everyone starting out always has someone to call in the middle of the night to explain what is going on.

Here is the link.  Also which each picture and description there is another link to look at other peoples findings and info as well.  I am pretty sure this is not everything and everyone will have their own opinion, but a great way to see for a newbie..Embarrassed

I personally think this would be a good one to sticky or keep toward the top.  Specially for new members.. Or people new to the hobby that are going through the same thing as myself. Big smileWink
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 9:05am
Very good find. I like how they have actual pics
Time waits on no one
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 1:38pm
nice link!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 2:32pm
Hope It actually helps people out.
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 2:42pm
This is great Jared!
 Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2011 at 8:28am
Thumbs Up
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2011 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Quickness Quickness wrote:

So I am not really sure on where to put this, but if it is not in the correct location please feel free to move this thread....

Anyways while browsing the internet tonight I stumbled across this site.  Being new to the hobby I am always trying to figure out what is going on in my tank.  Since I have recently gotten a red led flashlight I have discovered an entire new world. Big smile  This has also became a very stressful situation for me as well.  I see all these new things and start to panic and wonder what all these little creatures are. 

The main reason I started searching for a site that had pictures and described various things you may find in your setup.. Both good and bad..  I thought this would be a good link for other new people to be able to go and look at various things that might pop up in your tank.  As I do not think everyone starting out always has someone to call in the middle of the night to explain what is going on.

Here is the link.  Also which each picture and description there is another link to look at other peoples findings and info as well.  I am pretty sure this is not everything and everyone will have their own opinion, but a great way to see for a newbie..Embarrassed

I personally think this would be a good one to sticky or keep toward the top.  Specially for new members.. Or people new to the hobby that are going through the same thing as myself. Big smileWink

I agree! I and many other have posted this website here for other but it never stays near the top for long. I guess now that I have admin rights I can and should do something about this! Look for a new sticky here very soon!!!
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic