Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSM 130D lighting EXPERT?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SirReefsAlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirReefsAlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSM 130D lighting EXPERT?
    Posted: October 27 2011 at 11:27am
So, there should be tons of experts out there as there a ton of RSM owners.

I want some info on the wiring and timer setup on the RSM 130D. I'm going to put my DIY LED system in there and I possibly want to keep the stock timer and alternating moonlights when the T5's shut off. Would wiring my Meanwell driver directly in to the stock timer be a complicated afair? I'm just not sure what tirggers the moonlights to turn on, but, I have not really torn apart the hood to investigate, hence, my search here.

Also, anyone that has wired one up, can you wire in the Meanwell drivers (I will have two), directly in to the stock power supply in the hood? I'm considering a Rapid LED dawn dusk controller because they are cheap, not too adjustable, but cheap. The only problem is, this would need to be reset each day and cycled with a time. Could this be hooked up to the stock timer directly? I do understand that there is not room for all this in the hood and my be required to put something in the plug outlet section or under the cabinet. Please help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic