Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To thread or not to Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To thread or not to Thread
    Posted: November 16 2011 at 9:30am
I am going to be doing a couple new builds here pretty soon. Nothing too big or too fancy so I'm not sure if I should do a thread while working on it anyway or not.
What do you guys think?
Chad.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 9:39am
I always like build threads. Gives me awesome ideas - plus you do cool things with your tanks (like building your frag tanks from the ground up) we don't see many build threads like that on here so I say go for it.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 9:42am
That's the only reason I was thinking of doing it again is because I will be building the rimless tanks and overflows and everything. I am trying to get a budget together to see how nice of equipment I can afford to do on these builds.

What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 11:54am
I want to see. Thumbs Up
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 11:57am
I WANT TO SEE THEM!
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:40pm
I'd say do it. Threads are a great way to let people know how and what you did and that inspires and helps them a lot. Plus its just cool to have a thread of a build to go back to and look at what you accomplished. It's like a documentary of your work.

Micah
225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:47pm
I'm thinking of doing a video build but I'm not very good at talking to camera's so we will see what ends up happening.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Chad Chad wrote:

I'm thinking of doing a video build but I'm not very good at talking to camera's so we will see what ends up happening.

You can hire me as a commentator! Haha jk. Always love a build thread no matter what kind it is.
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 1:06pm
If you didn't live so far I would have you come help with some of the build. It's always nice to have some company that enjoys talking fish stuff while working on projects like that!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 1:39pm
Would be great to see, one suggestion I have is to make a few posts immediately after you open the thread that way you have some placeholders for later.  I love looking at a build thread and seeing what the person did but if I have to go through 20 pages of comments I tend to skip.  This way you can have it both ways.  You have comments and a history and when you are done post pictures and the completed thread in those placeholders you saved. 

Good luck with your tank build!
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 7:49pm
Great idea! I think I really like the video build idea also.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 8:00pm
I love the tank threads! Please do it!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic