Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy 225 Show Off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 225 Show Off
    Posted: November 17 2011 at 9:11pm
So for those who don't know (or have not read my signature) I take care of my parents 225. I did not do my duty over the summer and the tank was in pretty bad shape. Coral were dyeing, hair algae was taking over, and majano anemones were in the hundreds. 

For the past month I've been doing everything I can to get this tank in order and bring it back from what was sure to be a serious eye sore in my parents beautiful house. After loads of work, scrubbing rocks with toothbrushes, and burning through 3 bottles of Aptasia X (till I got smart and bought the 16 oz bottle that is), the tank is looking amazing!

So I took some pics last night and tonight to show off my hard work. Enjoy (and sorry it's a little Powder Blue Tang heavy, she was really showing off)

Just for fun here is a before pic from 4 years ago- 

And today-

And the tank as it is right now- 

Hey can anyone tell me what is up my my yellow tangs face. It's had it for a while and I can't figure it out-

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - November 18 2011 at 2:01pm
225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 9:15pm
Nice tank.
The tang almost looks like it has hole in the head disease.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 10:33pm
Tank looks awsome

Jeffatpm View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffatpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 8:22pm
Very Nice!
210 Reef with loads of LEDS
Large Fishey Room
Located Near Jordan Landing in West Jordan.
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 9:45am
Looks great! Great pictures as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic