FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APEX Install Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APEX Install Help
    Posted: December 13 2011 at 1:53pm
Just got my new APEX controller.  Looking for someone who knows what they are doing to help me install/configure it. 
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 7:35pm
I recommend reading over the Unofficial User Guide on reefcentral. Remember, don't plug any computer USB devices into the apex.

What type of equipment are you looking to hook up to it?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:47pm
Just looking to start with the basics.  Lights and heaters.  Thanks for pointer to the User Guide.  Very helpful.  Really want to leverage the email alerts.
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:51pm
If you hook it up online it really easy to configure your lights, heaters and so on.
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 8:00am
Like Jcoutler suggested. I would hard wire it to a router first and configure the apex with your computer.

Doing a basic setup on your outlets is easy with the standard settings. Once you do the basic setup you can select "Advanced" and add more code to the outlet, like Feeds or conditionals.

For email alerts, I setup a free gmx account to forward the apex emails to my gmail. Works seamlessly.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 8:58am
Thanks guys.  Really helpful.  Going to set it all up over the weekend.  Any suggestions on the location of the display?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic