Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nuvo 8 Gallon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuvo 8 Gallon
    Posted: January 02 2012 at 6:46pm
Not much of a build thread, when it comes to these all in one nano's, but thought maybe it would help people decide on if it's a product they'd like to try, etc.

I used all established sand from the Biocube I sold, along with water from it. Which was great cuz it meant almost zero cycle. I used a few pieces of Marco rock I still had laying around which helped my cause. Did a simple arch and about a week later all levels were zero, Alk was 10.7, Ca 400, SG 1.028 (which I've been slowing bringing down and now is at 1.025.

Set up came with a glass pedastal that raises the tank up about 3" up. Comes with a media basket that has three stages of filtration. From top to bottom of basket a)mechanical filter sponge b)activated carbon c)phosphate sponge. Lighting is provided by a clamp on 8W LED Skye light. My model has 6 1W 10K LEDs, and 4 .5 actinic bulbs. Gives the tank a brilliant white look. (I'm actually surprised how well this little light does over the tank.) Return pump is an adjustable 18-92 gph.

Here's a quick pic of it, after the cycle and my first purchases. Gave Aquatic Dreams more of my money, and got a Tailspot Blenny along with a purple with green tentacle plate coral. Here you can see them just floating, starting the acclimation process.

More to follow. The reefer in me has already made some mods and will expand more on stocking plans.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 7:54pm
Looking good bro. That gonna be a high end polyp tank?
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 7:56pm
Nice looks like a fun tank:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 8:19pm
Thanks Billy. It is gonna be a high end polyp tank. As of right now only other things going in it are the purple and green fungia, orange torch, and some Japanese Purple Rain acans from Jared. The rest is gonna be high end polyps, so let me know when you do some fragging. I have Pumpkin' Nightmares, and just picked up some Red Hornets the other day. Pretty bare right now.

Jackie, I think it is gonna be a fun tank, and it's on my nightstand, so it's very therapeutic too.

Edited by Snowsrfr - January 02 2012 at 8:21pm
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 10:18am
These tanks are awesome! i just set up the 16 gallon version yesterday!
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 10:31am
you will love your tailspot! they are quite the characterLOL
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic