Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ammonia / Nitrite levels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mikenmandymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikenmandymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 9:11am
Mark,
  They aren't necessarily cropped - I wanted to show you close ups, so didn't get the shots of the cords hanging on the wall to the side of the tank with the drip loop.  The maxijet in the 40 gallon doesn't have the fan in it - unless you are talking about the internal fan inside the pump?
The water is boiling, and I got a pic of that - just have it on my home computer - I will post that today.  With the Nitrate / Nitrite - I DID test it last night with a different testing kit, but will test tonight with the one that had the original parameters that I initially posted.  Everything seems fine - just not growing like I would like to see.  Also, the coraline algae hasn't started to arrive yet either - is that due to the rollercoaster of parameters?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 10:29am
Sorry, I edited the post after you saw and answered it. I didn't like my tone of voice.
I saw something attached to the nozzle in that last pic and assumed it was the nozzle fan attachment. Sorry about that.
Sounds like you're doing great.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 10:39am
Oh and when it comes to cords, like the four cords seen across the back of the tank, I will usually bring them across to the corner, and gathered together at a top corner of the tank using twist ties. This makes the cords all go up the inside corners and down the outside corners in a line at the corners which makes them less of a distraction. If the cord isn't long enough, I'll use a single cheap extension cord to extend the length (outside the tank of course Wacko LOL)
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
mikenmandymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikenmandymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 8:24pm
Gotcha Mark.  I will take you a more updated pic of the tanks.  I need to adjust the cords, but put backing on the tank the other night... it looks much better now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic