Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honestly, can you have enough Kenya tree?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honestly, can you have enough Kenya tree?
    Posted: January 17 2012 at 8:53pm

So after 7 months of neglect I finally scraped the glass on my 6 gal Nano cube, only to find a beautiful pink mass of Kenya tree. It has even crowded out my GSP... When I started there was only one small stem. It's amazing what 7 months of neglect can accomplish

Leading the field of crappy reefing since 2006
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 9:38pm
Nice:) lol
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 12:54pm
Tim,

Its nice to see someone that can embrace and love the Kenya Tree! So many people just pass it off, glade your liken it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 1:50pm
I used to have a Kenya tree (that I got from Dion's sump) that grew so large it literally took up 1/4 of my 125 gal. It never really split, it just grew huge. I'll have to track down a picture of. I'd have people come over who hate Kenya tree, and they were even impressed with it

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 1:57pm
I'll have to look around and see if I can find a picture of it before it died from a big temperature spike in my tank. This picture is probably 1/3rd of what it was bound to become...

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 4:33pm
Awesome! I myself like kenya tree:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 3:29pm
I Love them... but not in my tank.  I had one when I first started out and it simply grew too fast and they started sprouting up every where.....  Your clown should host!  Nice to see the tank cleaned up!  Now you can frag them out and collect a few zoas or something if you have too many!!  
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic