Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rumors...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rumors...
    Posted: February 12 2012 at 8:44pm
The rumors about my return to the hobby aren't greatly exaggerated.

Since it has been... well.. YEARS since I frequented the forum I figured this is probably the best forum to say hi. For those that don't know me - I came full circle in the hobby about 4 years ago. Started with a small tank, upgraded to a bigger tank, was vice president of the club for a couple years, ran a quite successful clam operation out of my house, and then nearly (other than a small 29g cube tank) got out of the hobby. But for those true hobbyists, this kind of thing is an itch that just needs to be scratched. Sooooo...

A week or two ago my wife and I were discussing what we were planning on doing for our 10 year anniversary. We never did get a real honeymoon so we always thought for our 10 year anniversary we'd do something big. With our tax return, we were thinking of a cruise. We happened to be a living planet aquarium as we were discussing this, and somehow decided to save the money from the cruise and setup a big reef tank instead. (Cool wife, right?) So instead of a week worth of awesome cruising, we'd have a reef tank that would last (hopefully) years.

So here we are. I'm working on setting up a 220 peninsula tank in my house. Going to finally setup a fish-type room in the basement and plumb everything there. Needless to say, I'll be playing around in the buy-sell-trade forum quite a bit looking to score some new toys for the tank.

Glad to see some familiar faces here. It is a great group of people, and I'll be honest - I miss you guys! Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 9:03pm
Welcome Back! Looking forward to seeing some pics of this penninsula tank
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 9:13pm
Welcome back Shane!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 9:37pm
What fantastic news!!!!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 9:49pm
One day, I might do the same. I haven't had a tank at home for 4 years now. Still have one at work.

Good to hear from you again, Shane!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 10:13pm
When I saw you post the other day, looking for a skimmer I believe, I figured someone had hacked your account. LOL 

Good to see you are coming back! Big smile
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 10:30pm
Alright!!!.

If you need anything let me know.  Great news.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 11:08pm
Welcome back!
220 G SPS Display.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 11:15pm
That's great Shane. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you from here. Wink
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 11:28pm
Thanks guys! Super excited to get back into it.
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 7:57am
howdee Shane know the feeling well :) LEDS :)
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 12:47pm
Welcome back!!!!!!! When you get up and running swing by and I will set you up with lots of frags.. :  )
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 6:24pm
Welcome back my friend!!! Its been to long!!!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Calli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 7:14pm
Kris
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 7:23pm
Im still new to this addiction but glad to have another as sick as me here. And yes u have a really cool wife to do that , I dont have a ton but will frag what i have when ur ready :)

Calli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 1:26pm
Kris
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 2:00pm
Cool, glad to see you back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic