Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's up with my lps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's up with my lps?
    Posted: February 15 2012 at 11:30pm
For the past four or so days none of my lps corals are extending much and the zoas have been closed for the most part. I am starting to have a little cyno break out because I am pretty sure I have been over feeding. The RBTA and the Sps seem to be great. The fish are doing great I don't have a super nice test kit so I don't have a ton of chem results but the nitrate and nitrite are are good. I had my water tested on sat and they said the alk was a little up and the ca was a bit low so I did a five gal water change and have adjusted dosing accordingly. Given that I am still so new at this I would love any help or ideas as to how to get them back happy. Maybe some ideas of what to test for ?? And even some recommendations on a good rounded test kit. Preferably one that's not super supper pricey. :)

Edited by xessive force - February 15 2012 at 11:35pm
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 11:36pm
Need to test your alk , mag and cal when LPS react that way in my tank it is normally a mag problem.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 11:44pm
Usually too low or too high ?? Thanks for the tip btw.... I will have it tested Saturday .. That's the soonest I can get to the lfs.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 11:55pm
Mag too low
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic