Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSouth Jordan Elementary's new90g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrfishydude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South Jordan Elementary's new90g
    Posted: March 22 2012 at 4:00pm
I promised I'd post pics of the upgrade @ my school.
And I want to particularly thank rockstarfish for the sweet deal on the tank and most of the plumbing.  And Todd Poulsen of Mark's Ark for donating a bucket of salt.  Clap

" border="">

I had to take the cabinet doors off to make room for the new sump because their fancy Euro hinges protruded back about 3"! so i'm replacing those.

Edited by mrfishydude - March 22 2012 at 4:10pm
David Cutler
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 4:05pm
Way cool David! It's great having you here to share these stories.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 4:09pm
Awesome David glad to see you will still have a salt tank :)

Edited by bstuver - March 22 2012 at 4:10pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 4:18pm
It looks sooo much better than the old one that the health department wanted us to take down because we had "things growin' in there" LOL.  I'm confident their next inspection will go better. 

BTW - We are ready for some lps if anyone is willing to do donate a frag or 2,  or some caulerpa for the sump Wink
David Cutler
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 5:18pm
I have tons of caulerpa and cheato if you would like some! Just let me know a good time to bring it by.
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 6:07pm
I'm going with decorative/marketable macros just so I can trade them in @lfs.  Working w/o a budget demands creativity Wink.  So any caulerpas (especially Mexicana/feather, my personal fav) would be greatly appreciated.  I'm there Tues-Thurs, and can meet you there on Fri.  The school is at 11205 S. Black Cherry way (just West of 13th W.) LMK  and thanks!
801-651-5262
David

Edited by mrfishydude - March 22 2012 at 6:40pm
David Cutler
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 6:35pm
Looking good! I'm sure the kids just love having it there!

What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 11:32am
They do. Ya know it was the the kids that wrote cards and even essays to the principal that convinced him to fight to keep it Smile

Latest news:  2 of the 4 t5's bulbs burned out (or maybe it's a ballast).  Todd Poulsen (who had donated the t5 fixture in the 1st place) is soliciting his distributors to donate a new LED fixture! and we were down to only a couple of snails so he's bringing in a fresh "cleanup crew".  Clap
David Cutler
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 3:38pm
Very cool! LEDs would be so nice to have on there!
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:17am
For what it's worth, I gonna to post our current wish list just in case anyone has a deal, connection, or wants to donate:

macro alga
rbta
2nd clown (perc or ocelaris)
any reef safe wrasse
sm domino and/or yellow tailed blue damsel
chromis
any lps
any reef safe inverts
cup of live sand
pods
and expert advice is always welcome

FYI - current livestock includes:
perc misbar
hippo tang
yellow tang
royal gramma
flame angel
black lawn mower blenny
bangai cardinal
mandrin goby
several bullet-proof cabbage corals

Thanks,
David
David Cutler
meterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 11:30am
We are building a house near by and my daughter will be attending this school for the next school year.  I have a 4 gallon nano I'm getting bored with and I would like to take it down.  I would like to donate all that's in it.  Some zoo's, a bicolor pseudochromis fish, fire shrimp, a green leather (very cool), and a couple other corals.  I have a new red sea test kit and maybe some other stuff.  PM me or call eight01 eight42-2898 to work out the logistics.
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 12:08am
I think I might be able to score you a Rbta? I'll check with my sources and let you know as soon as I find out.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 1:59am
Originally posted by meterman meterman wrote:

We are building a house near by and my daughter will be attending this school for the next school year.  I have a 4 gallon nano I'm getting bored with and I would like to take it down.  I would like to donate all that's in it.  Some zoo's, a bicolor pseudochromis fish, fire shrimp, a green leather (very cool), and a couple other corals.  I have a new red sea test kit and maybe some other stuff.  PM me or call eight01 eight42-2898 to work out the logistics.

That's awesome of you! David is an awesome person and truly appreciates what he is given.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 5:39pm
Thanks Jackie.  You're a peach Smile

Tank Update:  Akira just donated 4! mini rbta's, 2 shrooms, a huge colony of pulsing Zenia, and all the hardware for a 6 bulb t5 HO retrofit.  Clap
So even if the LED's don't come through we have a great back up.  Chad, I think we're good on rbta's. thanks though.
This new tank is turning into reef! Big smile

Edited by mrfishydude - March 30 2012 at 10:01pm
David Cutler
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 12:25am
Should have asked for some algae and sand , it was yours as i had not looked at your list .....but lets be honest i got $10 for 4 rbta to make me even on other deal , but rest was free so hope it was ok ? So lets get those lights done. Take the hood home 1 night I will retro for you then u can have a few frags of my sps also :)

Edited by Akira - March 31 2012 at 12:28am
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 12:32am
After looking at the hood will need a few fans give me a week and i will get some then we can do it all at 1 time :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:17am
I'll be at Fragstock if that helps anyone meet up with me.
David Cutler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfishydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 7:32pm
macro alga
2nd clown (perc or ocelaris)
any reef safe wrasse
sm domino and/or yellow tailed blue damsel
chromis
any lps
any reef safe inverts
cup of live sand
pods
and expert advice is always welcome
Here's my update.
doors are on cabinet

FYI - current livestock includes:
perc misbar
hippo tang
yellow tang
royal gramma
Starry (lawn mower) blenny
bangai cardinal
several bullet-proof cabbage corals
New
large healthy Zenia rock (I keep it to the far right, separate from the rest of the reef Wink)
4 rbta (opening up very nicely, Nemo not interested)
new from Fragstock: I forgot to write down their names Confused. Help me out Jared the top 2 were from u (thanks for the great prices BTW)
Good sized chalice with green centers
gorgeous multicolored 'shroom
several headed orange acan (2 booths to the left of Jared)
tiger pods
David Cutler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic