Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two Angels?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weberlaxplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weberlaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Angels?
    Posted: April 16 2012 at 4:14pm
I have a coral beauty angel and love him. I also want a flame angel... I heard you cant keep multiple angels unless ou have a big enough tank.
I have a 75... Tell me what you think.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 4:16pm
It's all about food, acclimation and training.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 11:31pm
from my experience you will have some agression between the 2. I keep both these angels in my well-fed 245 gallon. I used an acclimation box and they still fought whenever they were near each other.  
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 7:08am
I have to agree.  These fish are very territorial and a 75 gallon tank just isn't large enough for both.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
twolow4law1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twolow4law1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 2:33pm
can you put any other angler with a flame or is it that 2 angles are just not going to play nice, i have a flame and wanted some other angle i was told by many people no way.
60 gal rimless , 40 gal rimless
120 gal reef
HOOKED ON SALT WATER   801-682-0477
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by twolow4law1 twolow4law1 wrote:

can you put any other angler with a flame or is it that 2 angles are just not going to play nice, i have a flame and wanted some other angle i was told by many people no way.

Can't say regarding keeping a large and pygmy together but most of the pygmy's will not tolerate each other. 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 3:38pm
I have kept a Flame Angel and a Pygmy Angel (both in the dwarf angelfish family, Centropyge) together in a 75 without any problems at all. That said, my tanks are never the common reef aquariums. This particular tank was in an East facing window with plenty of algae growth for those two, plus there were two large Tangs, a 5" Yellow and a 5" Purple.

Here is one pic of the tank at night.

Here it is from the end with the sunlight coming in from the left.
(Gorgonia from FL are under-appreciated in the hobby.)

Edited by Mark Peterson - April 17 2012 at 3:47pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic