Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

65-10 to 75-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65-10 to 75-30
    Posted: April 17 2012 at 9:16pm
I used to be embarassed to show my tank to people as it was an amalgamation of a bunch of odds and ends.  It was a 65 gallon of which I added a siphon overflow and a 10 gallon sump.  I was using a red sea Prizm skimmer and my light was an odyssea t5.  I loved my tank, but I hated it.  It was SSOOOOO deep, so hard to work in.  Finally I got the opportunity to buy a tank from a friend who had it in her home unused for 8 years! 
This is how it sat in her home.  Unfinished stand.  PC retrofit and salt crystals caked into the bottom.

Finished the stand, doors, knobs, hinges, paint...

rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 9:23pm
Nice!, it looks good
SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 9:29pm

30 gallon sump.  Rio 3100 running at about 400gph.  SCA-303 cone skimmer rated for 150 gallons.  After putting in the skimmer I had a micro bubble problem.  I went the weather stripping route and added 5 more baffles.  It worked like a charm.

2 Koralia 1's and 2 maxijet 1200's push plenty of flow through the display.  I'd like to replace the maxijets with vortec's.... One day... $ Live stock is One blue tang, one ocellaris clown bonded to a misbar onyx percula that host in 2 anemone's.  (It was a single anemone 2 days ago) . 4 green chromis, 2 lyretail anthias, one engineer goby, one barred dartfish, 2 peppermint shrimp, one skunk shrinp, one hawaiin feather duster, crocea clam. Coral include yellow star polyps, maze brain, colony polyp sp., red mushroom, blue mushroom, green mushroom, lavender mushroom, trachyphyllia sp., branching frogspawn, duncan, yellow/green encrusting star polyp, acropora sp. Everything is doing well except the trachyphyllia, it's been bleaching for 4 months, great tissue however and accepts food readily.

SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 9:36pm

LED retrofit.  36, 3 watt leds 18 white 18 royal blue.  I'm working on expanding the light adding 3 UV leds 9 more royal blue and 6 cool white.  I've gotten them illuminated but I'm missing something because currently these 2 strips alone run brighter than when the third string is wired in and even at 950 mA.  I'm working on it but it's getting the job done right now.
misbar onyx percula in anemone. 

SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 9:42pm
Maze brain/favite
Crocea

Crocea with the anemone that split and one of the clowns that hosts there. 

Edited by SkylerS - April 17 2012 at 9:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic