Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hows everyone doing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hows everyone doing
    Posted: April 18 2012 at 10:16am
im new to utah and started up a salt tank a couple months ago and its slowly growing due to the fact i broke my leg 11 days after moving here. it looks great but have a long way to go. nice to meet all of you and if you have any advice or helpful hints or free frags or free anythng to help out itd be greatly appreciated. have a great day and have this weekend seeing all the great tanks.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 10:21am
It's great to have you here.  Get ready to make some new friends.  This Saturday's reef tour will be awesome and I'm sure you'll see some great tanks and people in your area.  

Moving + breaking a leg = a pretty rough start I would imagine

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 10:56am
If your friends told you to "break a leg" when you moved, they didn't mean litereally.. LOL

Welcome! 
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 11:17am
Good to have you here! I think you'll find that people here are very helpful and informative. Sorry to hear about your leg, that really sucks, especially so soon after moving here.

If you can, I would definitely go around and see the tanks on the Reef Tour. You'll meet lots of people and see amazing tanks.

Good luck and welcome!

Anne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 11:45am
thanks for the welcome. breaking my leg was pretty rough on me. but always keep moving forward. i cant wait for sat. my fiancee and i started a reef tank down here because she works in the biology building at the U and they have a 200, 55 and 30 gal all salt water and she fell in love and i had a small 9 gal native saltwater tank back home in washington so i told her lets do it. she loves it more then i do and i have been into freshwater for 15+ years and salt only a couple years. but its hard to expand my tank with my low income due to this stupid leg now. but trying my best. have met some great people down here that have giving me great deals on coral for cheap or have helped me out by just giving me some starters for free and they improve the look of my tank by a ton even though the pic doesnt give it justice.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by willrileyiv willrileyiv wrote:

my fiancee and i started a reef tank down here because she works in the biology building at the U and they have a 200, 55 and 30 gal all salt water and she fell in love

My tanks?  I'm guessing Cameron's tanks (Kings).  Are they on floor 100?  If she thinks that is great... just wait.  I'm getting ready for a new 300 display in South Bio.  

Can I ask... who is your fiancee?  

Anyway I'm always here so I'm sure we'll meet soon.

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 1:07pm
lol ya camerons tanks lol hahaha. cameron has helped me out a ton. her name is kellie. she is the crew leader of the janitorial department in that building. would you mind if we came in looked at the 300 when its all up and running. i like to go and look at camerons tanks alot and the basket star they just got is incredible.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 1:27pm
Come on over anytime.  In fact, lend a hand LOL

I must be getting old.  Nowadays I have my students carry the heavy tanks while I supervise.  

Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 1:35pm
thanks. we will have to do that sometime.
reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 3:19pm
Adam what classes at the U do you teach? I want to take that class. Big smile
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic