Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will adding this help me or hurt, help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will adding this help me or hurt, help!
    Posted: April 27 2012 at 7:47pm
Alright people. I have heard people say tons of flow helps corals grow! I purchased an mp 10 about 2 months back to replace my korelia 3. Btw I have a biocube 29. Currently for flow I run the mp 10 with a 600 gph korelia nano, which doesn't do much, I put the old korelia 3 in the tank just now as an experiment! Now is this addition going to be too much flow?   Also is the new korelia going to hurt the red monti pictured?   Notice the placement of the old/new korelia on the right back side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 7:58pm
Rbta was unhappy so I unplugged until someone comments
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2012 at 9:30pm
If your rbta is unhappy then it woud seem a little overkill to me.

Edited by kellerexpress - April 27 2012 at 9:31pm
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 10:42am
I try to avoid pointing strong steams of water at plating montipora because it acts like wind on a sail and may blow the Monti over. That's why I always suggest pointing the stream from the bottom up to the water surface and let the resulting turbulent water movement flow all over the tank. Water flow moving closely past but not directly at things seems to work a lot better.

Experimentation is the best way to find what works best for your tank.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 11:10am
I may try your notching tequneque just as a test
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic