Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coco Worm shed its crown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coco Worm shed its crown
    Posted: May 03 2012 at 1:45pm

My coco worm just shed its crown ,which scared me and i thought it was dying. I tried to find info on it online and it seems like alot of conflicting info. Some say its a sign of stress and will mostly likely die, others say it may likely split into another worm, and some say its growing a different size crown to accomodate the amount of food it recieves. Has anyone had a worm shed its crown and if so what was the result?

Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 1:55pm
Yep I had that happen to me don't worry to much. I didnt see the worm for about a week than I saw a new small crown:)
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 2:24pm
Mine did the same thing recently.  It is now growing back.  Most tube worms do this at some point. No worries.
SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 2:43pm
+1
My hawaiin feather duster did this, it stayed in it's tube for about a week and started regrowing another. 
Weberlaxplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weberlaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 6:30pm
Mine did this, but it was because the water was poopy. I got it fixed and with in a week back to growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic