Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Papas Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papa-squid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Papas Tank
    Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:02pm
unable to load pictures for some reason it wont load them? any help on getting them to load? or do i have to do it through photobucket?
Officially Addicted!
new upgrade from 40cube to 55g.
and helping friend and his mom
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:11pm
I would go with photo bucket

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:11pm
hope photobucket images work :)

Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by jaschall jaschall wrote:

I would go with photo bucket

there we go  thanks
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:15pm
Is this your only tank?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:26pm
i have a 10g quarantine tank. but my only set up for now, yes. I am getting a 55g from my sisters dad when he decides to give it to me. then ill end up turning the 10g to a sump for the 30g and then when i get the 55g turn that into a frag tank or such
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 11:08pm
Cool have fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 2:13am
thanks what about you? how many tanks do you have?
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 5:48am
So is this a 30G? I assume you don't have a sump and that is why you've placed the large ball of cheto in your display? What type of corals do you intend on keeping?

I just found your intro page. This must be the 40G with no sump. Curious, do you plan on leaving the cheto in the display? Depending on your coral selections, you may want to open up your rock column to allow for additional real estate space.

Edited by DLindquist - May 06 2012 at 7:04am
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 8:28am
Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

So is this a 30G? I assume you don't have a sump and that is why you've placed the large ball of cheto in your display? What type of corals do you intend on keeping?

I just found your intro page. This must be the 40G with no sump. Curious, do you plan on leaving the cheto in the display? Depending on your coral selections, you may want to open up your rock column to allow for additional real estate space.

yeah its 40g cube. no im actually going to get rid of it for the time being and no, no sump yet but i do plan on making/getting one, especially since i do plan on getting fish yeah the cheatos in there to help filter yeah and right now i'm just sticking with the beginner corals like the leather finger and some variety of mushrooms, maybe some star polyps, and maybe a zoanthid.  and i actually just rearranged them when you gave me the mushrooms, thank you again david.  the rocks are a bit more open and they look better than before aswell.
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 8:32am
ill end up posting a more recent pic of the tank and leather finger he is all stretched out and starting to grow out new limbs
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 1:03pm
Cool man welcome to saltwater. Looking forward to seeing this new aquascape.
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 1:28pm
Hey I would also clean your powerhead, if you havent done it already.
I would clean it off some then place it in a bucket about 1/3 filled with
water then add a few cups vinager and plug it in. I would let in run for a
good hour or so, then rinse it off with clean water.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 2:23pm
thanks billy. I will post pics shortly. and I haven't yet cleaned the powerhead. I noticed I have a small coral growing on the inside of the powerhead wall, the powerhead was probably out of water for at least 5 days when i got it and its still alive. (small orange maybe a hard coral? kinda soft right now) ill take pics of that as well
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 2:58pm
heres the tank got the rocks floating with great circulation.

and a side shot

sorry not the best pic but heres my leather finger

and some purple mushrooms

I couldn't get a decent pic of the coral (or such) in the powerhead but im going to just clean it. thanks again guys Smile

Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:16pm
Nice. You might want to get some more rock in there but your doing fine. also I would get a turkey baster and blow off the rock. it looks like sediment from when you added your water is all over the rock. when you come over you can see what I mean. Good job and glad to have you in the Saltwater family now. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:29pm
yeah I need a few more rocks for sure. and yeah i am waiting to get paid then i can get a few more things. and thanks man, glad to have joined.
and sorry to hear about your anemone.  Dead

Edited by papa-squid - May 06 2012 at 3:30pm
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 11:32am
Looks awesome.Clap
PM answered.
There will be none of the dreaded "cycle" in this new tank.
Some Damsels, like Chromis, are less of a problem later on. I've found that the Bicolor Blenny, or a cousin algae eating Blenny, makea a good first fish.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Looks awesome.Clap
PM answered.
There will be none of the dreaded "cycle" in this new tank.
Some Damsels, like Chromis, are less of a problem later on. I've found that the Bicolor Blenny, or a cousin algae eating Blenny, makea a good first fish.

Thank you. And thank you again. I was thinking about the bicolor blenny.
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic