Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kaiden's 20 long build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:13pm
Woops accidentally pushed the post button. Anyways here's the pic of the frag that is for sale...

I thought some top down pics would be good, I turned off the powerheads for these pics.

And my little friend...ugh haha.

Anyways, tell me what you think and thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:20pm
Nice tank. I have to say it looks more like a 55g so well done with the scape:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:27pm
Love it!
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Nice tank. I have to say it looks more like a 55g so well done with the scape:)

Thanks! Thats kind of what I was going for.
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2012 at 5:28pm
How's the tank doing?
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2012 at 9:55pm
Good I think lol. Ive been on vacation for a week and a half and Im gonna be home tomorrow. I have some family looking after the tank for me and apparently everything is fine. I will update when I get home.
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 12:04am
Sounds good, love your tank man its close to the same water volume that I have. Got to love nano tanks =)
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 7:32am
Yeah Im really happy with it. I feel like I have a lot more options than with the Nano Cube.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 9:30pm
Ok Im home now and I got the tank all cleaned up (just algae scraping/removal etc.) Everything seems fine. Pics coming as soon as I have time.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Kaiden32 Kaiden32 wrote:

And my little friend...ugh haha.

Is this hair algae still there. That's really easy to take care of by removing it from the tank and brushing it off with a toothbrush. Then add some more snails and keep setting them on this coral/rock until they clean it up.
Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2012 at 9:00am
Yeah it is. I just havent got around to taking care of it yet.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2012 at 12:24pm
I'm thinking about trying some plating montis any input on that? Would the lighting be enough? I was thinking I could put them on the top of the right island, so they would be pretty close to the top.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2012 at 10:23am
Ok so yesterday I went to check out Exotic Reef in Orem where Aquatica used to be. I got some FREE RO water (Im sick of paying 25 cents a gallon at the Aquarium) and while I was tgere I picked up a frag of green birdsnest and some red monti cap. He seems to have really good prices. Pics coming soon!
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 9:48am
Ok here are some pics of the new corals.

Green Birdsnest the polyps are much more neon in person...
Front

Side

Red Monti Cap

FTS sorry about the reflection...

Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 9:49am
Sorry if the pics are a little blurry we broke the lense on our camera while we were on vacation and sometimes it doesn't want to focus right... :/
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 5:39pm
Just picked up 2 peppermint shrimp from the Aquarium. They ate almost done acclimating.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 8:49am
So...the other night me and my dad were messing around and I tripped backwards and fell onto the tank and my elbow went through the front of the tank. I was able to get enough water into buckets and I got everything out of the tank and into the buckets. I posted a thread in the emergency forum and 15 minutes later all the livestock was taken care of. But, this tank is unfortunately history.. :/ I am selling most of my equipment so you can check it out in the classifieds section of the forum. I am probably going to set up a pico, that is probably what the money from my equipment will be going towards. I will definately start a thread for that tank when I get it going. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic