Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess who's back...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess who's back...
    Posted: May 29 2012 at 6:47pm
OMG that was a long absence... Who knew it would be two and a half years before I was ready and able to dive back into the hobby.  I had some serious stuff come up and it has taken a long time to get better.  BUT that is all done and now I am starting fresh (kinda).

I ended up losing almost everything over the past few years, but the tanks were kept running so I still have live systems, just almost nothing in them.  A few corals, an anemone, a half dozen fish and supposedly an urchin I can't find... BTW it is crazy how many majano one can grow when all the corals and fish are gone... my poor 180g was COMPLETELY overgrown with thousands of them.  But I just couldn't take the tank down no matter how bad it got... RIP Rei my poor ray who accidentally tried to eat a 3" spotted puffer.  The whole tank crashed shortly after and I didn't have the ability to stop it.  Cry  That's around the time I stopped frequenting this site... it was just too sad.  For those that don't know my ray was like a child to me.  He ate out of my hand and loved getting back rubs.  I had set up the 180g just for him. Smile  It's sad I actually find the majano kinda beautiful now, but now they must all DIE so I can have more corals. LOL   My 210g just grew a layer of algae all over everything so that can at least can be treated.  I'm thinking Lawnmower Blenny after I brush them off. Embarrassed

Today I've just started to consolidate the two biggest tanks (a 210g and 180g) as we need the room for other stuff...  I keep telling myself to take it slow, but it is hard to not get excited about this hobby.  LOL

I am now going to primarily have the 180g setup with some of the stuff from the 210g instead of the majano farm.  The 210g will probably move to the garage unless I can get a decent offer on it... Wink  I hope to get another sting ray or a flying gurnard once it is stable and done mini cycling after the whole 50-75% rock import from the 210g.  I have to remember to take it SLOW and let it do its thing before cramming it full of stuff again.  LOL

I'll be looking for some new bulbs and cheap hardy corals in a couple months.  I will also be looking for some rotifers and or tigger pods to start my cultures back up.  So if anyone has some please let me know.

BTW it was this board and the wonderful people that have brought me back to the club.  Thanks for reading and I hope you are all ready to take me back.  Big smile

"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 6:54pm
Welcome back! Excited to have you hear again!
papa-squid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 7:26pm
What did you want for the 210? Is it just the tank? Or come with anything?
Officially Addicted!
new upgrade from 40cube to 55g.
and helping friend and his mom
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 7:52pm
Wow!  Eva is back!!!!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 9:33pm
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 11:39pm
Eva, Welcome back. I'm a new person here and new to the hobby, but I have a few frags that I have started and you are welcome to pick out a couple to get yourself going again.  Just PM me and we'll arrange to work out the logistics of getting them to you.

Fat
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 8:58am
Great to have you back Eva!  I'm glad to hear life is getting a bit better for you.
eldiente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 9:37am
I also had a Majano farm and I finally bought a Majano Wand online from tbaquatics.com and it took care of all of them. Plus it was way fun to watch them all melt and disintegrate into nothing. If i lived in the area I'd let you borrow it. Anyway thought I'd share as they can be a pain to eradicate with out pulling all of the rock and scraping it time after time till every little bit is gone. Good luck and have fun!
Brian
Twin Falls, Idaho

210 Gallon Glass reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic