Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWINNER FOR JUNE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINNER FOR JUNE!
    Posted: June 01 2012 at 9:49am
This month we had a ton of pictures! AMAZING ones! To bad there couldn't be multiple winners 

HERE IS THE WINNING PICTURE THOUGH! 

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 9:53am
Winner please post your name so that I can get this up on the front page and on Facebook!

Awesome picture btw!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 9:56am
Congrats Tanuki AKA Brent! 
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 10:06am
Well deserved!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:22am
Thank you.  Sorry I just saw this: BRENT CHENEY is my name.  My Facebook Name is "Brent TurtleFactory"

That was actually tough competition.  I really liked Billy's and that one of the clowns from above was unreal.

Thanks guys!
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:24am
No worries I saw it was yours and got it on FB this morning and the front page. Congrats again!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:39am
Thank you Sir. 
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 12:05pm
Congrats, Brent! Clap

That Blueberry Gorgonia is gorgeous!!!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:11pm
man that pic is just incredible!! must say, that pic pretty much helped convince my gf that this hobby is worth all the time, money, and lack of attention for her!! would LOVE to see that whole tank in person!! congrates Brent!!!! truly a surreal pic!!
getting fishy??
cba191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cba191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:22pm
that is a gorgeous pic!  What kind of coral is that?  Are they hard to keep?  It makes me think of little bonsai.

Edited by cba191 - June 01 2012 at 11:23pm
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 9:15am
Thanks for the kind words. The tank has been under construction the past 3-4 months actually, so it's not looking too good, but will continue to grow and improve.

The blue one in the center is a blue sea fan/ gorgonian. From my research, they are more of a sponge than a coral. I dose some of the reef nutrition supplements so that it can feed. I keep it in constant flow 24/7 as well. I have had it a month or two and it seems to be doing great. I don't really think they grow or anything. Just survive. I have read they do poorly in aquariums, but so far so good.
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 9:21am
If they don't grow how do they survive?? Can't just come from nowhere?
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 10:05am
Where did you get it from? 
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Cody Cody wrote:

If they don't grow how do they survive?? Can't just come from nowhere?
They grow in the ocean. Just not in the at home reef.
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 3:47pm
They can grow, but it's more similar to a sponge growth than a normal coral and even if they grow in the tank, it is extremely slow.

Purchased from reef runners

Edited by Tanuki - June 02 2012 at 3:48pm
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 8:54pm
Yea from what I have read none survive in home aquaria. Reefrunners still has one and it looks to be dying...
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 12:10pm
The one in there now is from a new shipment. It looked thy bad when it arrived
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic