Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eclipse 5 Hex Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 8:33pm

This is the look I'm getting with the following estimated settings - Blue 100% Red 70% Green 30% There are 4 strips in the hood, each strip has three LEDS eahc with a RBG channel. I like the look and am using this as my dawn and dusk light and also keeping it on full time with the main lights. It is great to be able to adjust the color tone on the light to the look I want.

The orange stuff on the back rock glows red when the lights are set with a violet color.

ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 8:35pm
This is that tank as of today with the colored lights and main lights on.  Thanks to a few of you and the corals I've bought.  The tank is startign to look like a reef tank.

Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 9:35am
once you set the RGB does it stay? I've heard some of these set ups don't 'remember' the setting and you have to set them every time so timers dont work well with them.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 2:01pm
Yes it does remember the last setting and goes on and off with a timer. There is a watch battery in the controller that remembers the DIY settings, the last color it was tuned to and if it was on or off when the power was cut.   

Edited by ajkochev - January 07 2013 at 2:20pm
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 5:02pm

Some video of my tank.  I'm a lousy aquarium photographer.  The colors are bland and out of focus but it does show the tank's features.

Edited by ajkochev - January 13 2013 at 5:20pm
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 11:37am
Feb 5, 2013 - Tank is almost two months old.

A special thanks to the following users here for the corals they have sold me.
Susioman
mermaidcamille
jeffm
fishmama
reefguy(Reef Soup is awesome!)

Another Jeff(I think) who's PMs I lost, Sorry.  (Please let me know who you are, I got Green Stars and a rock with shrooms/palys from you)

Might of missed someone else, let me know if I did.

Edited by ajkochev - February 06 2013 at 11:40am
Fish Mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 11:52am
I am so totally impressed with your tank. Inspires me to work on my 7 gallon. Lights seem to be the most important component.
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 7:36pm
April 24, 2013

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 8:04pm
Still way cool Anthony.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Larobley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larobley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 9:00pm
That is very nice
ajkochev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajkochev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:20pm
May 7,2013
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:32pm
Wow, that a cool tank. I want that in my office.
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 8:35am
The idea of using the LED ribbons to supplement color is probably a very good one, potentially very very good.  In fact, they are cheap enough that I am wondering if they would be able to do anything over my tank which has 56 high power LEDs- I am very happy with my color but always fiddling... 

If they are powerful enough to "compete" with the likely dominant CREE LED's you just hit upon a way to create the perfect color blend - by dispersing a tunable RGB strip across the tank made of relatively low power LEDS- such that you could set the Main LEDs to the desired wavelengths for coral propagation and then overlay the RGB strip to get the visual effect you desire at that moment.  

PM sent... this is interesting to me.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 1:14pm
I absolutely love this tank
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic