Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

55 gallon crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 55 gallon crash
    Posted: July 10 2012 at 11:41am
Woke up this morning to my 55 gallon uber cloudy and stinky. I immediately checked the halimeda algae and yep it had gone crazy on me so I pulled it all out. I only had enough salt to change 15 gallons. I did that and cleaned out as much gunk as I could then I had to come into work. It was still pretty cloudy. So far ive lost 2 damsels. Im guessing the algae went sexual?   I had a pretty good ball of it, maybe I should have thinned it out.

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 12:13pm
Sorry to hear that. Feel free to sell me your leather corals.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 3:13pm
That sucks man. Let us know if we can help.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 3:15pm
Thanks guys. Adam I will let you know. I'm hoping that things have turned around by the time I get home tonight but if not ill give you a call.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 6:51pm
got home, pretty much everything was dead :( I have a clown still trying to make it and my nem should be ok.

Adam let me know if you want to come get some leathers. I think they will be ok. 8019165068. Im on my out to wvc to chads house to pick up some stuff for my other tank but If you want to come over tonight that is fine by me.

backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 10:25am
man sorry to hear about that. let me know if I can do anything to help
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 4:21pm

before and after pics of what it looked like last night. Not sure how its fairing today

Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2012 at 12:12pm
That sucks man. No one likes to wake up to a nuked tank... :/
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2012 at 1:40pm
Dang Im so sorry! That really stinks!
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic